cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coleman Mach Condensate Drain

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
I had to unstop the condensate drains recently when camped. There are two drains in a small plastic tray under the evaporator, one at each end. The drains are in a plastic fitting, one at each end of the plastic tray. Does anyone know if the drains holes go straight through the fitting and drain out the bottom of the fitting, or is there a hole into the top of the fitting that turns 90 degrees and drains out the side of the fitting? The holes of whatever shape are rather small - maybe 1/16 or 1/8 of an inch. Is there any reason not to drill out the holes to maybe 3/16 inch or 1/4 inch?
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch
5 REPLIES 5

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
On my RV the drain pan has holes on the sides - don't see any downside in making the drain holes larger or adding more of them ... it's' just a drain.
Kevin

shepfly
Explorer
Explorer
Steele Rubber Products, Denver. Very good dense AC gaskets in my opinion. Dave

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for replying, Doug. What you explained makes sense. A general cleaning of my air conditioner and foam gasket replacement is on my schedule.

Are all the available A/C gaskets the same, or is there one brand or type preferred?
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
They drain out the bottom. You need to see how much clearance you have between the BOTTOM of that plastic and to roof of the RV. After a few years, it is not uncommon for the AC mount gasket to partially collapse and it drops the 2 drain holes to close to the roof. This means you need to replace the AC gasket. Also, it is not a good idea to tighten the mount bolts on an older Coleman AC as this is one way the gasket collapses too much and stops the drain. There is NO need to drill out the holes larger as long as the gasket is correct. Larger holes will mean it is easier for insects to get in and build nests. Doug

PS if your 2011 is still your RV and the AC gasket has not been replaced----REPLACE it.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Doesnโ€™t yearly maintenance cover checking these?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad