cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dash ac

Jrdenn
Explorer
Explorer
Hope this is the right place for this question. I have a 2000 Fleetwood southwind storm, my dash ac compressor locked up. I have replaced the compressor, dryer/accumulate, and serpentine belt. I cannot find either oriface tube or expansion valve. I have followed all the hoses and lines from each component to the next with no luck. I had an "expert" helping me with this but he has tragically passed away before we could finish this project. Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES 2

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Your dash AC is from Denso. The exp valve is inside, next to the evaporator. No orifice tube. You will need to remove the kick panel in front of the passengers seat.
Click on link and then downloads.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1989 Ford 460 engine in my rv and the orifice tube or capillary tube was located very close to the evaporator which was up against the firewall on the passenger side. IF and only IF, yours is the same setup as mine was, this piece is very difficult to remove. I bought a special tool for removing it but ended up breaking it. Sooo, I took the rv to the Ford dealer who also couldn't remove it and,as a result, replaced the entire evaporator.