cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued control board

Lynn9577
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately bees got into our control board & it fried it on our Dometic refrigerator. We can’t find it anywhere, apparently they stopped making it a couple months ago according to General RV (they called Dometic and they said they quit making it). I’ve been searching and can’t seem to find it. There is one site that claims to have it but it is a scam site called parksccd. Anyone happen to know where I can find it? I’ve contacted Dinosaur and so far no leads there either. Dometic said the part # for it is #3851005029. Anyone have any other ideas? I’ve tried several salvage yards and no luck. Refrigerator model # is RM3962 We are trying to avoid the huge expense of a new fridge at the moment. Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
In my fruitless efforts over the years and with various Dometic refers, to work better than an old fashioned ice-chest in the summer in the SW I fiddled with the control boards replacing some of them with Dinosaur boards. I've got a new Dino P-711 (P7109231) sitting on the self that indicates it is a replacement for Dometic with model or serial numbers above 285... Also have a Domentic control board with part number 3850712-01. Both are working boards. You might call Dino and check to see if they can confirm that the P-711 I have will work, if so let me know. Ditto on the Dometic board.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Blacklane wrote:
ktmrfs wrote:
try dinasour electronics . they make replacement boards for almost every fridge, furnace, WH.

I second this. Dinosaur boards are far superior to the original Dometic boards. I would choose them even if a Dometic board was available.

In the OP's original post, he says he contacted Dinosaur and they didn't have it.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Blacklane
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:
try dinasour electronics . they make replacement boards for almost every fridge, furnace, WH.

I second this. Dinosaur boards are far superior to the original Dometic boards. I would choose them even if a Dometic board was available.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
dougrainer wrote:
Scottiemom wrote:
Lynn9577 wrote:
Unfortunately bees got into our control board & it fried it on our Dometic refrigerator. We can’t find it anywhere, apparently they stopped making it a couple months ago according to General RV (they called Dometic and they said they quit making it). I’ve been searching and can’t seem to find it. There is one site that claims to have it but it is a scam site called parksccd. Anyone happen to know where I can find it? I’ve contacted Dinosaur and so far no leads there either. Dometic said the part # for it is #3851005029. Anyone have any other ideas? I’ve tried several salvage yards and no luck. Refrigerator model # is RM3962 We are trying to avoid the huge expense of a new fridge at the moment. Thanks!

Try the Amish in Shipshewana, Indiana, at National Refrigeration. Talk to Vernon. They had one for my 1 1/2 year old Dometic that just totally died. NO ONE had the board for it. But in the end I decided to replace it since the line had been discontinued and Dometic no longer was making parts. A new scratch and dent (can't see any blemishes) was $1000 including the kit to swing the door the other way. The price included $195 to removed and dispose of the old and install the new Norcold. I live in Florida as well and drove to Indiana as I have family here as well.

But they will ship you parts.

DAle

Dale

They are rebuilders, NOT individual component part stockers or suppliers. Doug

I didn't say they stock parts, but they DID have the control boards (2 in fact) for my Dometic. The only other two my mobile guy found were in Poland and Nova Scotia. And they do keep a stock of refrigerators that are takeouts from other units. Someone orders but wants a residential so they take the other out, etc. They do rebuild the cooling units, but they also sell new refrigerators and A/C units. I was just there and they swapped out my non-working Dometic for a new Norcold that slid into the same space.

We have done business with National Refrigeration since 2008. They also install the ARP system.

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
There is not much in RV's that I am fond of, junk, garbage, **** are terms I can relate to. If my fridge went out. Fridge is only 2 years old, so I can count on it for another 2 or 3 years. I would find a 120 volt model install it. With an inverter and add a house battery or 2.

StonedPanther
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
Can you give year model of RV? There is not a legitimate supplier out there that I can find. The part seems to be an orphan part and not supported by Dometic or built. As others have said, Dinosaur is your best bet. Doug

Dometic went to hell in a handbasket over the course of the last 10 years or so. They used to be great, they made great products and SUPPORTED them. Not no more, in fact not for a long time.

They made a fridge which they pushed to a lot of builders starting @ 2015, Model DMR702. Actually they had it made in China, then slapped their name on it. That fridge was put in 10's of 1000's of units made by Rockwood/Flagstaff and some others from 2015 until at least 2020, maybe longer. It was a piece of junk. A defroster heater to keep frost from building up on the cabinet face between the Fridge and Freezer would overheat, and melt the cabinet. When the fridge was shut down, if any ice in the freezer melted the water could make its way into where the eyebrow board is located and would destroy the eyebrow board. Dometic stopped making, or having those eyebrow boards made, long ago. The handles would break almost just by looking at them. Garbage, not unlike their AC units which are also junk, and every other thing they're associated with.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Can you give year model of RV? There is not a legitimate supplier out there that I can find. The part seems to be an orphan part and not supported by Dometic or built. As others have said, Dinosaur is your best bet. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Scottiemom wrote:
Lynn9577 wrote:

Try the Amish in Shipshewana, Indiana, at National Refrigeration. Talk to Vernon. They had one for my 1 1/2 year old Dometic that just totally died. NO ONE had the board for it. But in the end I decided to replace it since the line had been discontinued and Dometic no longer was making parts. A new scratch and dent (can't see any blemishes) was $1000 including the kit to swing the door the other way. The price included $195 to removed and dispose of the old and install the new Norcold. I live in Florida as well and drove to Indiana as I have family here as well.

DAle

Dale

They are rebuilders, NOT individual component part stockers or suppliers. Doug

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Lynn9577 wrote:

DAle

Dale
Dale Pace

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Search on Amazon. $167.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had to get one for my brand new Dometic back in 2019. Costs a bit more now than it did back then.. I think I only paid $100 for it back then.. Got it from the Jungle store. Looks like it's still in stock if it's one of these model numbers.

Mitch

Dometic (3316348.900) Power Module Board , Black
Visit the Dometic Store
4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 842 ratings | 245 answered questions
$167.85
Save up to 7% with business pricing. Sign up for free Amazon Business account
Not eligible for Amazon Prime. Available with free Prime shipping from other sellers on Amazon.
Brand: Dometic.Fit Type: Universal Fit
Item Model/Part Number: 3316348.900. The individual number for the cover/power control piece is 3316348.000
Made from high quality, durable materials. LTL Freight : No
Designed for quick and simple application
This is the dometic power module board with re-ignitor and works with most models. Below is a list of the Dometic models that this board works with: DM2652; DM2662; DM2663; DM2852; DM2862; DM3862; NDM1062; NDR1062; RM2351; RM2354; RM2451; RM2454; RM2551; RM2554; RM2620; RM2652; RM2662; RM2820; RM2852; RM2862. With Power Board: Yes
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!