cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 1062

twor
Explorer
Explorer
It is 18 years old but cools fine it if is not too warm outside. Under 80 outside I get 38-40 degrees. In the 80 degree bracket it reads 40-45 and 90+ 45-50.

I always park it possible with the sun not on the fridge side.

I figure it is not for certain ready to replace since it does cool well if outside is not too warm.

I looked behind coils saw nothing suspicious and wonder if the termister could be the cause. I know how to test it but have not figured out how to identify the plug in spot outside behind the panel.

I know these things run warmer when the temp is higher, but mine seems beyond normal.

If just a little off level, is the performance of the fridge lessened?

Any thoughts appreciated. Ron
1 REPLY 1

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thermistor leads plug into the P2 connector in upper left area of circuit board
P2 is a 2 pin connector and leads should be WHITE

Unplug and run fridge for 12 hrs minimum before checking food compartment temp

YES....off level operation WILL cause cooling issues. Liquid ammonia can settle in the absorber tubes (large slanted tubes) and block coolant flow
Overheating can occur which will cause sodium chromate to crystalize which then plates out on tubing and causes restrictions of coolant flow which causes more overheating....repeat
Less then 20 minutes off level while Stationary can cause overheating of coolant.
Damage is accumulative and permanent

If you find unplugging thermistor DOES allow lower temps in food compartment...replace with a Snip-The-Tip Rheostat

Service Manual with wiring diagrams

Snip-The-Tip for Dometic
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31