cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic a/c problems

deak
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys, new on here and need some help with new a/c unit.
I have a 2001 Keystone Tail gator 32 ft. We spend a couple month's in Texas in the winter to get out of Indiana.
My ac was acting up and tired, it was a duo therm (dometic). It was loud and only put out about 62 degree air. When we tried to turn on the ac with the generator, it would cycle a few times and shut down the generator, but ran ok but noisy on A/C.
So i bought a new unit a dometic B595 16.711J0.
The control box said it could operate on this new unit. I hooked it up and it did the same cycle would run for 10-15 seconds on fan then sounded like when the compressor tried it would just cycle, kinda Ger, ger ger.

So i bought a new control box for the above B595. Is a dometic 3312020.000. It is slightly different, My old thermostat,(which is also new) wired into old box. The new box is set up for digital thermostat with rj11 plugs.

My problem i cannot find a wire schematic for the rj11 plugs to thermostat, and would like to use old analog thermostat. Not sure if i can, but don't need the fancy digital one.
also not sure about the load shed option, but only have 1 a/c unit so don't think i need it.

Sorry so long, just trying to cover all the bases.

Deak
3 REPLIES 3

deak
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug That is Exactly what I was looking for. THe Cables are not a problem, I made them for the last 32 years as a Telephone man. I installed PABX/KEY systems as well as the 911 Systems for the County Police.The Generator is a 4kw Onan Whisper quiet, installed in the keystone factory, 30 amp.
Thanks Deak

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Now, the upper unit is identical in hook up to the control box as your original unit. You can hook up your original control box and wall tstat and get the unit to operate like you want. You don't state what Genset, but if NOT an RV genset, that may be your problem. Does the unit operate on 30 amp service? Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
No offense but you are out of your league on this one. The new control box uses 4 wire telephone TYPE cable called Communication cable. It is wired in reverse from a phone cable. This is a link to the manual for the Phone type tstat system which you have and it also has the single zone LCD 3 wire system listed. The single zone 3 wire would need a different upper control box from what you have. Doug

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/operating/Installation_CCC2%20with%20separate%20control%20box_3312792...