cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic AC control board

Bandaid
Explorer
Explorer
We have been experiencing issues with our campers AC/ heat pump unit. It does not seem to be communicating with the thermostat. I have had a local RV tech in to check it out, thinking I might be needing to replace the AC unit. Twice he has confirmed the compressor is working fine! Two days ago when it was 85 degree's outside and I was inside the camper sweating, I had to turn the thermostat down to 70 degree's to get the unit to turn on. It did, ran for several minutes and shut off. It would not restart until I turned the thermostat down into the mid 60's. It then came on and ran for some time, but as the temperature in the camper cams down, the unit could not determine which fan speed to operate at. For over an hour it switched back and forth between slow and high speed fan. It is now believed there is a problem in the control board. My question to the forum, has anyone had to have the control board replaced in their AC unit?

Bandaid
1 REPLY 1

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It is rare for a Dometic AC control board to fail. I would suspect the wall tstat. You have not stated which Dometic wall tstat you have. there are about 5 different ones. The tstat may just need a cleaning of the temp sensor bulb. Doug

PS, the auto fan speed speeds are controlled by the temp to set temp point, So, if the sensor is bad or dirty it cannot get an accurate sense of the temp in the RV, causing erratic behavoir