cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic dual zone thermostat no power

drillagent
Explorer
Explorer
Lately our Dometic dual zone CCC2 thermostat has been acting up. Sometimes a couple of the buttons didn’t work. Normally, we turn it off completely when we move. Last time we moved, it wouldn’t turn off. So we turned everything off and left the thermostat on.
Two nights ago, woke up in the middle of the night sweating more than usual. Checked the thermostat and it was dead. Wouldn’t turn on or anything.
I was able to get a new thermostat and plugged it in and still nothing. Checked the fuse box and all fuses and breakers are good. Checked the wiring with my volt stick and the A/C has 120v power. Even got a new phone cord and checked that. Still nothing.
Why is there no 12v power to the thermostat? Am I missing a fuse somewhere?

Thanks for any help.
TV: 2012 F250 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel w/air lift suspension
CHU: 2012 Keystone Montana 3750FL
Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball w/ Companion 3500
Family: Me, HH6, a Boston Terrier, a Shiba Inu
1 REPLY 1

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
.1. PHONE cord is NOT wired correctly for a RV communication system.You cannot use a Phone cable.
2. The POWER for the wall CCC2 comes from the Zone 1 AC control board. You don't state year model of RV OR Model number of AC. BOTH are important
3. The usual cause of intermittent and now a dead tstat is the modular plug in ends RJ11, have corrosion at Zone 1 and/or Zone 2 if you have 2 AC units.

4. REALLY need model number of AC unit. Doug