cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic fridge help. Please!!!

Miguel951
Explorer
Explorer
Hello and thank you in advance. I have a Dometic RM2453 fridge made for LP, DC, AC. Was not working in DC or AC, diagnosed it to 100% certainty to the thermostat.

Hereโ€™s the problem. The diagram shows LP, AC,DC all running through the thermostat. Total of 4 pins coming out of the thermostat (5 with the ground). No problem there. went online ordered a thermostat for this model number but it only came with 2 pins for AC plus the ground. And this seems to be the all the thermostats for this model.

Upon further investigation, I found other diagrams for this exact model where DC goes to selector knob and then directly to the battery (no thermostat connected).

This is where Iโ€™m confused. I would rather find the right thermostat with 4 pins w/ground and connect it per diagram but if this is all there is and they are all 2 pin w/ground then to just wire the 12v separate of thermostat
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Almost ALL Dometic 3 way Refers, the 12 volt option, there is NO THERMOSTAT control for the 12 volt heater. The Refer uses the 12 volts ONLY TO MAINTAIN the existing cold in the refer WHILE IN TRANSIT. The reason is, the 12 volt element pulls a lot of 12 volt amps and while in Transit, the towing vehicle or the Motorhome will supply needed 12 volts from the Engine. The LP and 120 ARE controlled by the tstat. There are some OLDER Dometic's that do control 12 volt with a tstat, but they have not made those in over 25 to 30 years. Doug

Miguel951
Explorer
Explorer
Nevermind. Thereโ€™s a splitter. It is two pin

Miguel951
Explorer
Explorer

This is the one showing DC not in thermostat

This is the one actually in the unit and true to conditions

Again the problem is that all the thermostats Iโ€™ve been finding for this model only have 2 pins w/ ground while the one I have has 4 pins

Miguel951
Explorer
Explorer
Diagram matching existing conditions where DC also runs through thermostat https://youngfartsrvparts.com/pages/dometic-rm2453-product-id-921140103-parts-list

Miguel951
Explorer
Explorer
Link showing DC bypassing thermostat https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0093/4877/6032/files/921145062-RM2350-black-PZ-599707950_524b454c-e5e8-4d9c-8d82-3bb6c9fd8865.pdf?v=1683596469