cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dometic not cooling

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Have a dometic rm 2862. Went to check on camper and everything was warm. Last was in it week ago. The lights were on. Have power. The check light wasn’t on. This has to be related but all I had with me was a test light. Not sure how this meters anyway. If was frosting over pretty bad and when I googled it came up check thermistor. Well it was laying behind some stuff so I defrosted for few days, clipped the thermistor on to the fin and seemed to work well until now. So question is did thermistor go bad and it’s not telling fridge to cool? I did briefly try propane. Stack got warm but fins didn’t cool.
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
stew47 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
“The check light wasn’t on. This has to be related but all I had with me was a test light.”

Please clarify.

Sorry that’s confusing. The check light didn’t come on.

What’s maybe related is I just got done messing with the thermistor week before. That’s when fridge had frost built up on fins, thermistor was laying on rack, I defrosted, clipped thermistor to a fin and appeared to work fine. Now it’s not cooling.

Check Light on a Dometic just means it did not light on LP when called for. Doug

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
“The check light wasn’t on. This has to be related but all I had with me was a test light.”

Please clarify.

Sorry that’s confusing. The check light didn’t come on.

What’s maybe related is I just got done messing with the thermistor week before. That’s when fridge had frost built up on fins, thermistor was laying on rack, I defrosted, clipped thermistor to a fin and appeared to work fine. Now it’s not cooling.

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Usually a bad thermistor overcools. Heavy frost sounds like a door not sealing.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer

Please clarify.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad