cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dometic refrigerator not working

boonejoey
Explorer
Explorer
I have a dometic refrigerator that quit working this weekend using the 120v. The auto and check light is very dim, but the check light will light up normally when you try to switch between lp and electric. The frige will work on lp gas. I do have electric coming into the outlet that it plugs into, and the compressor seems to be working(since it works on gas). Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated. I checked the circuit board on the back of the frige, but not real sure what I'm looking for there other than the fuses were not blown. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Doc_Foster
Explorer
Explorer
Mine only works on gas, but not 120 volts. Yes, I have power coming to the fridge, but the check light is on. Now the freezer gets down to 20, but the fridge only to 70 (90 outside), and yes the little slide thing is all the way up to cold.
Any ideas?

wski
Explorer
Explorer
1. Yea mine quite working also. The freezer worked fine, but the refegirator would not cool. Lucky for me it decided to break before the warranty expired. I am getting a new cooling unit installed this week....

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
I had the opposite issue.. Would work on electric, but not on gas... Nice flame and looked like it was working, but the fridge just wouldn't cool. Luckily it was under warranty so they replaced the cooling unit.
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I would check the fuses located on the circuit board and test the heater element for continuity.
Kevin

Moved from Forum Technical Support

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
You may have a defective electric heating element.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a Dometic refrigerator, then it is very unlikely that you have any sort of a "compressor" as most, if not all, of them are absorption based with no moving parts at all. How is the charge on your battery? The control board in the fridge is run from 12 volt battery, though some use the converter when the battery is weak. More specific diagnostics will follow from someone soon I'm sure, such as checking the voltage through the 120V heating element, etc.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."