cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic stove

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Dometic 3 burner stove with glass cove and I have one burner that will not light with the piezo ignitor. Other 2 work great.
cpaulsen
6 REPLIES 6

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
This site may be of help if you need igniter parts.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
It does sound like the ignitor is bad. Once you get the cover off, a very good addition to the stove is to add a battery powered ignitor in place of the piezo-electric noise maker. It's easy to do and if you get a setup with 4 ignitors you can add one to the pilot light in the oven.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We have the exact same issue. On ours it's the front center burner. I'm going to take a look at it today and see if I can find the problem but I'm guessing it's the Igniter Electrode that's bad because like your issue, sometimes it works but often times it doesn't.

Update: I took the stove top off and used the spark igniter when I had a good look. It worked fine but the burner wouldn't light. So I took it apart, checked to make sure everything was clean and nothing was clogged up and put it back together. Now I can't get it to fail. :h
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Lights with a lighter or match ok. Sometimes it lights with the piezo ignitor and most often not. Tried getting the hood/cover off the burner but will not budge.
cpaulsen

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I think a "glass cove" is a glass cover that has lost the r. (Maybe the r got stuck between the ignitor electrode and the burner?)

Seriously, I would take a good look at the ignitor electrode on the burner that doesn't light properly and make sure it looks right. I'd also look for a spark there by hitting the ignitor in the dark; presumably there is none. If the electrode looks like it's positioned properly, maybe you can find a wire to it that has fallen off or something by popping the "hood" of the stove--usually the top part can be swung up somehow for cleaning and maintenance.

If the burner won't light with a match, then the problem apparently isn't the ignitor but something in the valve or burner assembly, such as a clogged burner tube or orifice or the burner tube dislodged from the control valve.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does the ignitor actually work on that burner? Can you light the burner with a match? And whats a "glass cove"?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"