cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dutchman Astoria Water heater won't light

ncognet0
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I'm posting this for a friend of mine that is currently camping in his less than a week old Astoria 5th wheel with Dometic water heater. He has no internet. He asked me if I could help him figure out why his water heater won't ignite. He said he has made sure his gas is on and the switch is on "GAS" and checked his fuses and it still won't light. I am on my way up to his came to help him. Any suggestions, I will check my messages before I lose internet signal.
8 REPLIES 8

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the update!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

ncognet0
Explorer
Explorer
It was the thermal fuse. Ive owned 8 rev's and never seen a fuse like this. basically its a clear wire.
Thank you all

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check the thermal fuse for continuity. it is under some tubing adjacent to the thermostat and ECO.
Check ECO and thermostat for continuity. check circuit board for power.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

David159
Explorer
Explorer
You Should contact them this is a link
Portable Oxygen Concentrator
This must have helped you.

ncognet0
Explorer
Explorer
No sparking, the electric and gas switch light up. The electric water heater also don't work with the generator running.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Does he hear it sparking?
Is the water heater indicator red light on?
Check for power to circuit board.
Check thermal fuse, thermostat and ECO for continuity

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

ncognet0
Explorer
Explorer
His fridge did light just not the wh.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
On any new RV or new propane tank you need to purge the air out of the propane lines. Most go to the cook top burners and light one, make sure it fully lights for 30 to 45 seconds, and then try the HW Tank once or twice.