cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electrical issues (I think)

Dee_Lirious
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I am a new full timer (about 3 months). Recently while in the desert in Arizona one of my slideouts would not retract. Roadside assistance could not find a problem and manually cranked slider in. At our next stop, the other slider also refused to slide out and two of our electrical outlets have stopped working. I feel this can't be a coincidence that all this failed at once and I'm pretty sure that it must be an electrical problem. We can't get an appointment for repair for about a month and we are now living with both slides in and very little room. Does anyone have any ideas. Oh yeah, we are 2 retired females and 3 dogs. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

โš Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for how-to question related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, go to the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic, and click the Post New Topic link. Thank-you!
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
YOu have two electrical systems on a trailer and 3 on a motor home
The "outlets" I am assuming are the 120 volt AC System. (House power like in a sticks and bricks)

The slides operate on a 12 volt DC (battery power) system usually the AUX or what i call "House" power.

The 3rd system on a motor home is teh "Truck" or chassis system. Involved with the VEHICLE side of a motor home. (Headlights. Engine, Tali. marker clearance stop turn, dash air, Dash radio and so on and so forth the "Truck" systems)

So for both to fail at once...

Unless there is a spot where both 120 and 12 volt wires cross over something and they have been cut... Not likely they are connected. and yes. often those wires do travel together. BUT NOT to the slide out motor.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
if it was only one slide on one side i would think it was a 'flex cable bundle' problem

but (2) slides, and it sounds like a main power problem

the slides use 12v DC motors, or 12v DC hydraulics, not 120vac
sounds like you tripped a DC power breaker for the slides or blew a DC fuse
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
You need to give us more information if you want our assistance:

What coach?

What side mechanism?

Assume you have turned off and back on all the breakers on your main breaker panel. Any other 120 VAC things not working?

Battery voltage?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the Forum...
Suggestion. Rather than try to get an appointment for service from a dealer or RV sales outfit, Google, "mobile RV repair" for the area you are in. You will be able to get someone that will come to you.

Good luck with it.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro