finally a fuel injected generator!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

This may change the landscape a bit!

https://generatorbible.com/generators/lifan/esi-4000ier-efi-ca/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
10 REPLIES 10

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
57 DB is a honda EU03000i at full load
So this beast is interesting
only a kilobuck at Home Depot not that I care to shop there .

Maybe - the kilopbuck is OK (?)

Specs indicate LIFAN is in AZ, USA. Would guess that means they are re-selling an "offshore" brand. Who is the mfgr?

Champion distributor is here in the USA, mfg in China. If LIFAN has the same excellent service rep as Champion - no problema (that was for MEX).

~

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
57 DB is a honda EU03000i at full load
So this beast is interesting
only a kilobuck at Home Depot not that I care to shop there .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Honda's largest inverter generator (the EU7000IS) is fuel injected, and has been around for quite a few years. It's also larger and heavier, of course, as one would expect from the large rating.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Perhaps Honda will take notice. A long stroke slower inverter gen with EFI would be worthwhile.

However fuel injectors tolerate zero bad gasoline. Bad gasoline screws up spray patterns and this means replacement and not screwing around with mouse milk additives.

I would not operate any FI generator except LPG that did not have a RAcor filter with S series 1-micron element. Rather difficult with a small inverter Honda or Yamaha. That's why I pre-filter and Jesรบs pre filters gasoline for his lancha with 60 HP Yamaha. I scored a single Tri Sure 55 gallon drum non magnetic stainless steel back in the eighties. Mรฉxican Customs threw a fit but I kept insisting it was for safe water. They had no idea it was stainless steel.

We had a small fuel injected outboard as our primary propulsion on our catamaran...it was awesome. No problems like those with carbs had.

We had an inline filter but nothing fancy. Had over a 1000 trouble free hours on it when we sold the boat.

Sounds like they need a quality manufacturer to take up the cause but otherwise, it's a great idea.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps Honda will take notice. A long stroke slower inverter gen with EFI would be worthwhile.

However fuel injectors tolerate zero bad gasoline. Bad gasoline screws up spray patterns and this means replacement and not screwing around with mouse milk additives.

I would not operate any FI generator except LPG that did not have a RAcor filter with S series 1-micron element. Rather difficult with a small inverter Honda or Yamaha. That's why I pre-filter and Jesรบs pre filters gasoline for his lancha with 60 HP Yamaha. I scored a single Tri Sure 55 gallon drum non magnetic stainless steel back in the eighties. Mรฉxican Customs threw a fit but I kept insisting it was for safe water. They had no idea it was stainless steel.

The amount of garbage a RAcor catches is disheartening using a 1 mm S series element. They do make a small filter for 60 PSI gasoline systems. Besides the day tank my Kubota has a Detroit Diesel set of large spin-off primary and secondary filters then the RAcor. And fuel is max treated with anti fungus additive. New fuel for the 65 gallon day tank runs through a 12 volt transfer pump then a Detroit primary fuel filter which clogs seasonally. Mexican diesel is atrociously contaminated.

Perhaps India will get interested in building a good small FI generator. They already build the world's best large single cell flooded battery. 3,000 amp hour 290 Kg.

They are also building single unit lithium batteries for littoral submarines. Price and other info unknown.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Youtuber "Project Farm" uses a fuel injected gas generator for a lot of his oil / fuel additive tests. It looks like a contractor generator not an inverter. Check out his channel for more info, I don't know what model / brand it is.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was thinking of using the fuel injected gasohol 6.2 litre under the hood of my camper truck to drive a generator off the pto opening on the 6spd auto. The idling V8 is a much less irritating noise than my โ€œquiet generatorโ€ running at lawn mower rpm. The truck is prewired for pto mode.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
64 5 star reviews on Home Depot
20 4 star reviews
10 3 star
. 7 2 star
18 1 star
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
The few reviews on Amazon aren't exactly glowing.....
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Not bad. A little heavy at 132 lbs and a little loud at 57 db, but at 3,800 watts I like it.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup