cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge coil clearance

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I'm taking the winter break to perfect my refers install. I did this on our last RV and the fridge worked perfectly in all temps on just electric.

So the biggest (but not only) deficit in Northwood's install was not adhering to the requirement of the fridge coils being less than an inch from the back wall (actual is 1.75").
My question for the RV appliance experts is; What is the perfect distance? Is closer better or is there an ultimate clearance?

FYI Fridge is a Norcold 1095N (w/ marginal performance).
5 REPLIES 5

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks folks!

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
12 volt muffin fans will improve any install job, either pushing up from the bottom or pulling up (and exhausting out) from the top. Airflow is everything, be it convection or artificial.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
The most critical is the top condenser fins- donโ€™t overlook them.
-- Chris Bryant

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Per Norcold Specs---0" (zero) is preferred and 1" MAX

See pg. 3
Norcold N1095 Installation Manual
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The closer you can get the coils to the wall with out any thing rubbing the better. You just need to force as much air flow through the coils as possible. An the sides need to be filled in fully. My Dometic 2807 was installed properly by Fleetwood back in 1995 and works well @ 100+ยฐ. Get it installed correctly and see what it does. You may want to add fan(s) if the correct install doesn't get the job done.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson