cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furrion Backup Camera Quality and Performance

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that have the Furrion Backup Camera, is it a clear HD picture in the monitor and is there much lag/delay? I've been reading that some people are reporting up to 3 seconds delay between the time something happens and when it's viewable on the monitor and that there are other systems that the display is clearer and the lag is a lot less. I'm just not sure if it's a big enough deal to buy something else and modify the mounting. Your input is greatly appreciated.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.
11 REPLIES 11

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
The first one I had I bought on Ebay 3
years ago and failed within a year (don't know why) and Furrion wouldn't honor the warranty...didn't buy from a "store".
The next one didn't survive a Blue Beacon truck wash this winter (trailer was full of road salt)... my bad.
The 3rd one has a better picture and sound, but this is getting expensive!
They were all observation cameras.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have one but don't use it for backing up. The wife is the eyes for that. However, I love being able to see what is behind me and making sure the vehicle I am passing is clear before getting back into their lane. I also use it as part of my decision as to pass or not based on what is coming up behind. 4" is fine for my purposes as I don't stare at it at the whole. No lag.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Many with the Furrion prep mount, are buying the cheaper Haloview system that has a 7" monitor, instead of the Furrion 4" monitor.
I don't have the Furrion prep mount so I bought a system similar to the Haloview system, for $120 on Amazon.
Works great and quite happy with it.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
JesLookin wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
I have the Furrion back up camera and have zero lag..

It is a clear picture, and I like that it has sound... my wife can stop yelling at ME , and just yell at the camera now as I back into a site. :B

Same with us. Works great as a backup camera, and also use it while driving to keep an eye on what's happening behind us.

Thank you JesLookin. I'm happy everyone is saying the picture quality is good and no noticeable lag.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
I had the Furion backup camera on the truck camper I had. Clear picture, worked great. Only problem I had, which I was not used to, it only worked when vehicle was in reverse. I was used to one being on all the time when I had the motorhome to see the toad. Furion was great, tho.

Thanks for your input. I think they now sell an observation and backup camera system in addition to just the backup camera system

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Furion backup camera on the truck camper I had. Clear picture, worked great. Only problem I had, which I was not used to, it only worked when vehicle was in reverse. I was used to one being on all the time when I had the motorhome to see the toad. Furion was great, tho.

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

It is a clear picture, and I like that it has sound... my wife can stop yelling at ME , and just yell at the camera now as I back into a site. :B

Same with us. Works great as a backup camera, and also use it while driving to keep an eye on what's happening behind us.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

Thank you ford truck guy. The reviews I read about lag were from 2016 so maybe they fixed whatever issue there was.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
pauldub wrote:
Isn't everything junk that's branded Furrion?

Amen.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't everything junk that's branded Furrion?