cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

furrion power cable warm

Timeking
Explorer
Explorer
Is it normal for plug that goes into power supply to get warm? Not hot, but warm. Is this indication of eventual problem issue?
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
When you say "the plug that goes into the power supply" Are you talking about the plug that goes into the park outlet or do you use power supply as I do.. (Some RV's have single stage converters like the Parallex 7300 (no T) that Very close to a "power supply" for a Radio.. in fact I have a very nice 30 amp one (Different make but works the same) I use for a rather big radio)

If you mean the 30 or 50 amp plug that goes into the park

Read on

I support the "Sign of excess resistance" Current + resistance - Warmth and enough of it = meltdown

on the plug..blades nice and shiny or dark. if dark a wire brush THEN De-Oxit and De-oxit Protectant are good choices...
The outlet you can not easily wire brush (know how to do it but it's not easy and there can be a problem plus the outlet.. is not my problem.)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perhaps. What plug - A/C unit, 30A RV plug, etc? What size plug and what size circuit? Yes clean the male contacts and you may need to replace the female plug. Plugs can get warm and for a continuous load like a A/C some temperature increase is expected. You could have other issues like low voltage, etc.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s a sign of some kind of extra resistance. I recommend using some contact cleaner like De-Oxite on both the plug and receptacle.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,