cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GE16-EXT Replacement

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Atwood GE16-EXT that has started leaking. It's time for a new water heater. I'm very aware that Atwood was aquired by Dometic and no longer manufactured the EXT line.
Two problems;

I can't locate an inner tank (Atwood 91060) for this water heater. Is their another inner tank kit that will fit?

Their is no EXACT replacement.

From all the posts about tankless RV water heaters I don't think they are an option. We full time and have spent a number of seasons winter camping where temps can get as low as -20. I have been recently reading posts about tankless water heaters freezing up.

Ideas, suggestions?

Old Biscuit still around?
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel
4 REPLIES 4

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
Atwood now with Dometic??โ€ฆSadly, there goes the quality and customer service down the drain, along with an exponential price rise - How could Atwood dare do this to us!! (ugg)โ€ฆMegalopolis Dometic also bought out Go Power, so one can reasonably predict what'll happen next- there goes (what wasโ€ฆ) another decent product to the compromise of their bean-countersโ€ฆ

3 tons

WOW

You guys are WAY behind the times!

Note the date;
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dometic-group-signs-purchase-agreement-with-atwood-mobile-p...
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
How could Atwood dare do this to us!!
What do you know.. there's a song about it
https://youtu.be/9NH87JoJ8Pk

Anything more I can say is .. Well i'm not going to say it here.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Amen to what 3 tons said!!!

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Atwood now with Dometic??โ€ฆSadly, there goes the quality and customer service down the drain, along with an exponential price rise - How could Atwood dare do this to us!! (ugg)โ€ฆMegalopolis Dometic also bought out Go Power, so one can reasonably predict what'll happen next- there goes (what wasโ€ฆ) another decent product to the compromise of their bean-countersโ€ฆ

3 tons