cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator Repair

Bill_Carry
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 27 year old Kohler propane fueled generator in my 1994 MH. It will not start. It would start when cold, run rough for a bit, than smooth out and be fine. However it would not start when warm.
Now it won't start at all (I did fiddle with the start/idle mixture screw, but that is what it made it worse, I guess).

Does anyone know of a Kohler service/repair place or person in the
SE Michigan/Detroit area. I've tried the Kohler website but that seems to be in total denial of ever having anything to do with RV generators. I've also tried a couple of independent places which claim to be able to service Kohler generators with no success.

Sure could use some help!

Bill Carry, 1994 Georgie Boy Swinger, purchased new, 6.5 turbo diesel, 260,000 odom miles.
1994 Georgie Boy Swinger
6.5 TD Chevy P-30
5 REPLIES 5

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be looking at propane feed lines and the regulator. When my old Onan quit the tech found that the line to the generator and the regulator were full of oil. He said that all propane contains a little oil and it just accumulates over time. Perhaps a night of icy cold helped it along. The regulator was still dripping oil a day after removal.

At any rate, a regulator and line shoud be fairly ordinary items.
-jbh-

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
Turn the mixture screw all the way in then back it out 1 - 1/2 turns. Then dump out the old gas and put fresh gas in it; including draining the carb. Little shot of ether may help get it running.

Kind of hard to dump propane/LP fuel.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Turn the mixture screw all the way in then back it out 1 - 1/2 turns. Then dump out the old gas and put fresh gas in it; including draining the carb. Little shot of ether may help get it running.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
https://kohlerpower.com/en/residential/generators/dealer-locator
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Quite a few youtube vids on that.