cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting music in new car no cd

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Where do I get the music from if no CD player in new car.

Once i get music play tunes in what? Then how does music comes out of car speakers?

(Shame I have to retire my 8 track)
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
21 REPLIES 21

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
I have 64 gigs of music in my cell phone, bluetooth, AUX, USB, there's lots of ways.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been looking at new cars also and none of them have CD players. The newest technology is the Apple or Android car play. Anything you can get on your Iphone will show up on the 7 in display and come through your speakers. So you can play songs from Youtube, Pandora etc and not have to carry CD's in your car. In my 1996 MH I have a tape player but no CD player so I used to play CD's with a portable CD player plugged into the AUX port on the radio. Once I figured out I could play songs from my Iphone through the AUX port I no longer need storage for all those tapes and CDs. Isn't technology great.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
You do not say what other than 8-track the current audio device has. If it has FM, go to Ebay and search "car FM to audio adapter" and buy one. Then take the music box of your choice and read the included instructions.

If it does not have FM, then search Ebay for 8-track adapter and hope someone is cleaning out a junk drawer.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another posibility. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS APPLIES TO YOUR RADIO since I have not read the fine manual for it.

On MY radios there is a jack in the back. The jack is specific to the company that made the radio (On my Pioneer I think it is a 4 or 6 pin "D" shaped jack) into which I can plug any number of things Pioneer makes for it.

LINE IN (there) Multi-CD Changer (do not have) Sat Receiver (Do not have) and more.

In addition these devices can "Daisy Chain"

Oh and I go back to Reel to Reel tape days (Before 8 Track).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You donโ€™t say what vehicle you have, the year or stock or aftermarket stereo.

You can buy a new CD player with USB on Amazon for about $50.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Sirius subscription.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Everyone seems to be assuming that there is some other form of auxiliary input.

If the audio system it doesn't have a CD player, there may not be any other form of input either.

If that is the case the only real option is one of those FM transmitter doo-dads.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
I had one of these RCA AUTOMATIC 45 RPM CAR RECORD PLAYER , then I had an 8-track with mostly Beach Boys tapes. Then the cassette player(my 8-track would not fit). Then the CD player, my truck actually came with a cassette and CD player built in (could not get my 45s to fit in the slot. ๐Ÿ™‚

LLeopold
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Beginning RVing to get more posts.
Lou Leopold
Between RVs at this point
but I continue to tent camp!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My new truck (Chevy Colorado) does not have a CD player either. You are expected to use Sirius XM radio, or blue-tooth your cell phone and run your own music loaded on the phone, or if you have a data plan, run music using YouTube videos.

Well, I may work in Information Technology, but I'm still struggling over all this new technology. But once set up, it's really nice to make phone calls by simply saying ... Call my wife!

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Does it at least have a radio? That's what I like to do anyway. It's fun listening to local stations, gives a little feel for the area and you hear new stuff sometimes.

Other than that, have a kid help you out.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Get out the owner's manual. Find the section on "entertainment" or whatever they call it. You can probably just use a USB stick or an inexpensive mp3 player. Put your CD's on that media. Get a millenial to help you.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
wildtoad wrote:
Get an iPhone and load all your music on it. Connect your iPhone to the cars audio and listen to the music, make calls, get directions all hands free.

Hey, at 72 I am also from the 8 track era and before. The method above works for me. I built a song list, created several playlist, and loaded it on my iPhone. Now I can just hit the bluetooth button on my truck audio system, pick up my phone, press the home button on my phone and say "siri, play my oldies playlist", and sit back and listen to my old 50's/60's rock and roll music. Or my country oldies playlist, Or any particular artist, Or any particular song. Or .....

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Charlie D. wrote:
No CD? I know we have progressed over the years but did not think we had reached the point of no CD's. My 2018 Chevy 2500 has a CD and numerous USB ports. All my CD's are on it.

year and model of your new vehicle please?

Never mind. Saw your second post.

So what vehicle and stero? I didnโ€™t see any second post. Difficult to give an answer without a starting point.