cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handheld air compressor

salem
Explorer
Explorer
I've been seeing commercials for those handheld air compressors. Basically, they look like an electric drill. They're battery operated. If they work as the commercial says, they would be a heck of lot easier to carry than the normal air compressor/tank type unit. Have any of you Rv'ers tried these yet? Don't want to spend money and find out lots of folks on this forum say they're junk.
20 REPLIES 20

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been happy with this. Handles the higher PSI tires well. I have a small handheld that is good for bikes.

Worksite
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a couple of cordless tire inflators. They work amazingly well. It will pump up a car tire in about 15 minutes. I haven't tried it on my RV. Here's one like what I have that's available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/biueus-Tire-Inflator-Compressor-Motorcycles/dp/B0BRRSQJ5L/ref=sr_1_27?crid=2B...
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies. Mainly, it would be used for bicycle tires but I would also want it to be capable of airing up car, truck, or 5th wheel tires if needed.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
For RV or large truck use, you'd be better off with a Viair or similar. They make a lot of models including very portable ones that connect with clips to a battery.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have an 18v Ryobi from Home Depot. It has worked very well for topping off car tires. I had a completely flat tire on a car trailer and was able to inflate it to 45lbs in about 2 minutes. I think it would overheat trying to inflate large motorhome tires, but it could be done if allowed to cool down a few times. I never ran out of battery power with it but I have a couple extras if necessary.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Ive used one but not an expensive one for sure... worked great, on my bicycle tires....RV tires I think would be too much for these,,,
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet