Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heater keeps dying

cummins93
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I am borrowing a friends camping trailer (keystone cougar), and I am running into a issue with the heater. When I turn it on it will run normal for a few hours really good, then it will shut off and not kick back on unless I turn off the thermostat and turn it back on and it works after that. I am wondering what that might possibly be. I basically have to reset the on/off switch on thermostat. Any help is MUCH appreciated!
Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you can pull down a battery in one night,

cummins93
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all very much for the replies, I looked and noticed the batteries were getting a little tired.I replaced them and so far no issue. I guess I should have started at the basics. I did not realize those heaters were that finicky with the voltage. I surely appreciate the help!

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had that issue, turned out to be the tstat. Got a new one, no more of that. It would be blowing cold air at night. Turned off tstat, wait for blower to stop, turn it back on, got heat, back to bed. Repeat. ๐Ÿ˜ž

RVing is fun if you don't weaken!
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
battery will not last long running by itself. furnace really eaats up battery life. if plugged into shore power should be no problem,

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Are you connected to shore power? Are you using your propane heater vs electric heater? The std propane heater for an RV requires fully charged battery and they are designed to shut off if the power gets low. Common for rigs to loose heaters when batteries get low.
Kevin

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Are you plugged into shore power (to keep the batteries charged)?

The furnace runs on 12 VDC. Low voltage can impact operation.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/