cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating My Camper

Denmitch55
Explorer
Explorer

I have a ‘23 Jayco whitehawk 29RL. The panel shows options for electric and gas heat. How the heck to I get it to turn on? In either case nothing happens.  All the fuses and breakers are good.

6 REPLIES 6

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

That's what I thought as well. But in the video at .54 seconds he says it is used to turn the furnace on. But it looks like to turn the furnace on you have to go int the AC control section which makes little sense. Then again we are talking an RV manufacturer. So maybe they got a ten cent per unit  savings from the app designer by grouping furnace under AC.

opnspaces_0-1706811449123.png

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

It doesn’t have an electric furnace. That’s for the water heater. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

I looked at a few videos from Jayco. Do you have the Jay Command system with a touch screen to control things . Here's a Youtube video put out by Jayco of a step by step on how to control the heat and AC.

Link 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

I’m about 99% sure, that option you see for electric/gas heat is for the water heater.

Further, if you flipped the switch “on” for electric with no water in the water heater tank, you probably burned out the element in the tank.

ewarnerusa
Nomad
Nomad

Website says it should have a 35 kBtu furnace.  usually there is a thermostat on the wall, just like in a home.  Put it on heat and adjust setpoint temp as needed.  You'll need propane tank valves open and make sure lines are purged of air first (get stove burners to ignite, turn burners on/ignite and off until they can all ignite).  Specs say there is an electric fireplace, maybe electric is for that?  

• Electric fireplace
  • High output auto-ignition 35,000 BTU furnace with wall thermostat

https://www.jayco.com/rvs/travel-trailers/2023-white-hawk/

Aspen Trail 2710BH | 470 watts of solar | 2x 6V GC batteries | 100% LED lighting | 1500W PSW inverter | MicroAir on air con | Yamaha 2400 gen

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator

Are you able to post a picture of the panel in question? If you have a picture on your computer you can simply right click and paste into a reply to display it.

My only experience with a gas/elec on a panel is for my water heater not furnace. So it would be interesting to see what you're dealing with.