cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot water heater

Kaptchinskie
Explorer
Explorer
I went camping last weekend and had an issue with hot water heater. It fired up fine when i first turned it on, but after a few hours the DIS light would be on. If i turned it off and on again, it would heat up again, but would never kick back on. Any ideas on what would cause this . Thermostat Sensors maybe.

โš Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" at the top?
    Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for how-to question related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, go to the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic, and click the Post New Topic link. Thank-you!
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
OK, you need to check for 12 volts on each side of the brown wires at the tstat. IF you have 12 volts on each side the Ignition module is bad. If you do NOT have 12 volts on each side and the water IS not hot, then the new tstat is bad. Did the Rede fault light come ON this time? The humming noise is normal for an Atwood ignition module. Doug

Kaptchinskie
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the tstat and ECO today. No change. The hot water heater lights the first time it is turned on but one it goes out will not relight. I do here a humming noise from the control box. I guess bthat could be my issue. Any other suggestions?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
wildtoad wrote:
I suspect you have a bad thermostat and what is happening is the ECO (emergency cut off) is what is turning the heater off. When you turn it off it resets. Is the water extra hot?

When the tstat fails and the ECO kicks out, the Pop Off valve usually drips/spews. The tstat is probably bad, but not the ECO. The tstat is doing its job one time and not closing after the first cycle. Doug

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT

Kaptchinskie
Explorer
Explorer
I did not think to even check how hot the water was getting when it heat up. once i could tell it was getting hot i turned it off.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I suspect you have a bad thermostat and what is happening is the ECO (emergency cut off) is what is turning the heater off. When you turn it off it resets. Is the water extra hot?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT