cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to route wire into the cab?

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I finally would like to wire up the rear view camera from my travel trailer to my new (not so much anymore) pickup. Anybody have suggestions where to route wire on a late model Ram 1500? Through the floor? Through the firewall? (Man, that engine bay is busy!) Suggestions?
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
6 REPLIES 6

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
Up under the dash to the left of the steering column, there is a plastic block off for the clutch when using an auto tranny. Drill a hole through it and run your wires through it, then seal it off with silicone.
I really doubted this one, but there it is! Super easy to access too! Thanks!!
2015 Ram 1500

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Great info here! Thanks!
2015 Ram 1500

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Just ran a tailgate backup camera in my 2012 RAM 1500. Came down the drivers side frame rail(in split loom tubing) to just in front of the gas tank(that puts you just below the back seat). Then lift up the back seat and carpeting and in the corner you will see the body plug, drill your hole there, run your cable through and seal it up good. Now you can run the cable under the door sills up to the dash. Pop the drivers side dash panel off and you will find plenty of space to run the cable all the way up to the mirror if you want.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Up under the dash to the left of the steering column, there is a plastic block off for the clutch when using an auto tranny. Drill a hole through it and run your wires through it, then seal it off with silicone.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I would look for a rubber plug in the floor, poke a hole in it and after running the wire seal it to keep it water tight.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-IN-NPT-Black-Nylon-Strain-Relief-Cord-Grip-Cable-Gland-w-Lock-Nut-Gasket...

Run cable inside split loom tubing inside frame rail opposite exhaust side. Enter cab more split loom tubing to monitor.