cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverter

tcbkenpo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I have a question about an inverter I have a 2008 sports coach elite, I just replace the house batteries and I’m getting a fault signal. It also says that my new batteries are low. Do I need to charge my batteries to the fullest in order to reset the inverter?If anybody can call me at 909-238-7561 I would greatly appreciate it we are supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning and I’m trying to fix this issue. Thank you in advance
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
tcbkenpo wrote:
Hello I have a question about an inverter I have a 2008 sports coach elite, I just replace the house batteries and I’m getting a fault signal. It also says that my new batteries are low. Do I need to charge my batteries to the fullest in order to reset the inverter?If anybody can call me at 909-238-7561 I would greatly appreciate it we are supposed to be leaving tomorrow morning and I’m trying to fix this issue. Thank you in advance

Charge batteries up full using a charger other than the inverter (Assumes it's also a charger)

Disconnect and re-connect (Life negative lead. Count to 10, Replace)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
he's gone

I sure wouldn't post my personal phone number on the open Internet, when there's the Private Message system here. Someone who has been a member here, for 7 years, should know about the Private Message system.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
he's gone
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need a meter to measure the batteries and post the voltage. Or at least do the lights work?

Do you have a portable battery charger to put direct on the batteries? If spending money need 5 amps minimum rating. 10+ is better.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
What inverter? Make and model? Did you hook the batteries up with the right polarity? Turn off your main inverter DC disconnect, wait a minute, and turn it back on; that will often reboot an inverter.