cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keystone Montana 5er

Kate_and_Ed
Explorer
Explorer
New Montana experiencing multitude of problems. Anyone had to go back to mfg with there’s?? I’m not owner they are in low access point right now in WA state. Is it typical for dealers not willing to work on rig if they didn’t sell it?
Kathy and Ed
5 REPLIES 5

Y-Guy
Summer is a hard time to get service, everyone wants it done right now so they can get out camping, add that some parts are on back order can make it even harder. Plus COVID is still an issue for employers, just finding employees can be a challenge.

So some dealers do priorities their customers first, but the ones around here will still do warranty work. Without knowing the problems it's had to give much thought to going back to the manufacturer, but that does happen in some extreme cases. Could be the dealership is to backlogged, doesn't have qualified staff or they just don't want to deal with it. They should also be talking to the manufacture or their selling dealer too. Most manufacturers will have some type of a regional rep, they may even refer them to another dealer.

Where about in WA are they at?

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
phillyg wrote:
RV dealers, in general, do not want to work on new units they didn't sell. It's BS, IMHO, but thats the way it is.

I hear this a lot but have never had an issue with it personally. I have owned 2 MH's and now a FW, all different manufacturers and all bought a fair distance away from where I lived to get a better deal. Never had an issue getting service at my local dealer - even warranty service. Never been put at the back of the line, never had to wait an unreasonable length of time for an appointment. And I have lived in 2 different areas of the country and it's still not an issue. Research to find a good local dealer and create a relationship with them.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV dealers, in general, do not want to work on new units they didn't sell. It's BS, IMHO, but thats the way it is. I recommend your friends contact Keystone directly, plead their case, and ask for authorization to get repairs, even by mobile services.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kate and Ed wrote:
New Montana experiencing multitude of problems. Anyone had to go back to mfg with there’s?? I’m not owner they are in low access point right now in WA state. Is it typical for dealers not willing to work on rig if they didn’t sell it?

what kind of problems, and what are you basing this off of?

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Generally, if you didn't buy it there you are forever on the end of the line.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member