cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Left turn signal and hazard light not working.....

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
This is regarding a 2013 Coachman Leprechaun 210QB 23' Class C RV.

My left rear turn signal and left hazard light are not working/flashing. The right rear turn signal and right hazard light ARE working fine.

This happened to me about a month ago. Before I got around to fixing it, it temporarily fixed itself and was once again working.

Today when I went to check on it, I see that it is once again not working.

I wondered if I could get lucky and maybe it is just a fuse. But when I look in my RV's manual I see there is a fuse labeled "Turn signal, Hazard, Stop lamps" which seems to imply that it is controlling BOTH the turn signals, hazard, and stop lamps (brakes?). So since the right side is working fine, I guess it can't be the fuse.

Question: Do this type of rear light setup have individual bulbs, or does it just come as an entire unit? (see photo)

Is it a common occurance for these things to go out after ~10years?

-Chris
San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs
5 REPLIES 5

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Except the OP has almost positively diagnosed that it isnโ€™t a blown fuse.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Ford puts a set of fuses for the trailer connector which some RV manufacturers use for the coach lights.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
It is a Ford chassis. But as mentioned, it looks like the fuse is not broken into "left" and "right" but is just one fuse for "brake, turn, etc".

The left turn signal and hazard is now once again working after I unscrewed it and played around with the wires. I don't like when things are intermittent...

It does look like these lights are made up of dozens of tiny LEDs, and I can see that it looks like on each side there are several of the tiny LEDs that are no longer working. I think I will buy two new light units and replace the ones that I have on there.

-Chris
San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Ford chassis?
Look for trailer left fuse in rig's fuse block. Check Ford owner's manual.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
To me that looks like an LED unit. It's possible that the entire light no longer works, but before you buy a new one, make sure you have 12V power to the light and that connections are clean and tight.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3