cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level Alert when i turn on faucet

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
edit: Never mind it was the battery. I was viewing the voltage on the solar display. They didnt budge. But when i press and hold the voltage display on the level monitor it drops to empty. Im gonna cut the speaker for now. Previous owner installed miss matched 12v starting batteries. Plan is to get 6v when the time came. Looks like the time is close.

I filled the fresh tank for hours and its full.
Emptied grey and black.

The monitor is showing Fresh Full. Batts Full (solar right now is charging them). Grey 1/3 and Black Empty.

For some reason when i turn on the faucet and cycle the pump it makes my level alert beep. Im watching the voltage and it doesnt drop when the pump cycles.

Is it something obvious im missing? This never happened before.

------
2nd unrelated question. I have a dometic thermostat. When i turn on the furnace its also turning on the Fan of the overhead AC unit. Last year this happened once or twice. Now its happening every time. I do have the manual is why i waited to ask here. But since im here thats another issue. Thanks for any advice.
1 REPLY 1

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Is yours one of the newer electronic thermostats? My previous camper had the wall mount you have to flip the button on the bottom to Air Conditioning or Heat. It also had a Fan - On or Auto. If the fan was set to "ON" and not auto, it could be causing the air conditioner fan to run while the furnace is on.

Fast forward. I now have the new Montana 5er. It has the electronic Dometic thermostat. Push the button and it cycles, first to fan only, then air conditioner, then furnace heat, then heat pump.

I found out that when its on the "fan" display, the up and down arrow will set fan "on" or fan "auto". When the fan was "on" the air conditioner fan ran even when the furnace was on. And if the heat pump was on and fan "on", the fan ran non stop, even though the heat pump cycled on and off.

However, when I passed through the "fan" setting again, and flipped it to "auto", the heat pump cycled on and off and so did the fan. When the furnace was running the fan on the air conditioner was off.

So, that is probably your problem. Make sure on your "fan" setting, it's on "Auto", either the electronic thermostat or the old wall mount with the switches.