Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lights

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 class c and one
E of the two overhead light blinks in the living area? The other of the two does not. Help and thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced 14 of my incandescent bulbs 6 years ago with LEDs that I purchased on eBay for $1.50 each. None of these have failed yet. Three years ago I replaced all my florescent lamps with a different type LED also purchased on eBay. I used 30 LEDs that cost $1.25 each. Three of these have failed. I would say that this is a pretty good track record.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
At one time--ten years ago, maybe?--there was Cree, and there was all the rest.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been in lighting 40+ years.

Cree is far from the only good brand. LEDs rarely fail, but their associated gear fails frequently.

If one dot of a set fails replace the unit. If all the dots blink then check the wires!
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
SidecarFlip wrote:
If it's not a CREE SMD, it's not worth beans.

Well I won't go that far but my fog lights are CREE 18 watt.
My flashlight is CREE 3 watt. 1200 lumens that's about the same as a 100 watt Incandescent lamp.

Cree clearly the best.. Oh that makes my fog lamps on the order of 600 watts incandescent.. They do light up the campground
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
If this is a Forest River product, they got a bunch of LEDs that failed. If you contact the dealer, they would replace for free. In our fifth wheel, we had 8 out of 14 go out within about 2 months. We had another issue and when we took it to the dealer, they replaced them. A month after that, several other original lights went out. Again, I called the dealer and they just shipped us the remainder of the lights that replaced ALL the originals.

This - our 2016 Jayco came with a ton of bad LEDs. I contacted Jayco and got SIX replacement fixtures.

Then four more failed. This time I called the Light manufacturer and they sent me FOUR.

Now a couple more a failing.

Clearly a bad batch from China.

What pains me is that these are hardwired fixtures.
Replacement isn't difficult but you need a screwdriver, wire cutters, wire strippers and some wire nuts.

Silly.
Jayco made it difficult to save a few pennies.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
If this is a Forest River product, they got a bunch of LEDs that failed. If you contact the dealer, they would replace for free. In our fifth wheel, we had 8 out of 14 go out within about 2 months. We had another issue and when we took it to the dealer, they replaced them. A month after that, several other original lights went out. Again, I called the dealer and they just shipped us the remainder of the lights that replaced ALL the originals.

Probably bulk purchased the cheapest SMD's they could find. I learned real fast that CREE is the best.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
If it's not a CREE SMD, it's not worth beans.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Blinking LEDs are the first sign of failure probably caused by heat build-up and inferior design.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Loose bulb or connection.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
LEDs do this when they are ready to fail.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Probably an LED bulb that needs to be replaced.