cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for time/temp display that shows full time Dew Point

stacaz822
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone found a fairly cheap time/temp/indoor/outdoor/moon phase type display that shows full time Dew Point temp? I find this to be much more useful than relative humidity. It is a simple calculation based on temp and RH...
Stacaz
2 REPLIES 2

stacaz822
Explorer
Explorer
Rover_Bill wrote:
Dew Point temperature (wet-bulb temp) along with the air temperature (dry-bulb temp) is measured by a psychrometer. I'm not aware of any inexpensive devices that contain a psychrometer to display an accurate wet-bulb temp.

An accurate Relative Humidity is derived from those wet/dry bulb reading. Many mechanical (analog) and electronic (digital) instruments only give a gross RH approximation. If that RH value is calculated back to a wet-bulb temp from those displays, the margin of error would be +/- 5 degrees (or more). That error makes a dew point temp display grossly inaccurate.

Oregon Scientific sells a nice line of home weather instruments. THIS is the one I have in my trailer.

How about this one. I don't mind +- 4%.... https://www.homedepot.com/p/Extech-Instruments-Big-Digit-Humidity-Alert-Hygro-Thermometer-445814/203711583?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CVF%7CD27E%7C27-11_TOOLS_%26_ACCESSORIES%7CNA%7CPLA%7c71700000033101173%7c58700003868916496%7c92700031085777931&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn_LrBRD4ARIsAFEQFKvDGCvQSwWv5Oue4CXuhmQZJ1Bcj6m2ZBZEmmaQlXFDgpgUrJOUz5EaAqLwEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Stacaz

Rover_Bill
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dew Point temperature (wet-bulb temp) along with the air temperature (dry-bulb temp) is measured by a psychrometer. I'm not aware of any inexpensive devices that contain a psychrometer to display an accurate wet-bulb temp.

An accurate Relative Humidity is derived from those wet/dry bulb reading. Many mechanical (analog) and electronic (digital) instruments only give a gross RH approximation. If that RH value is calculated back to a wet-bulb temp from those displays, the margin of error would be +/- 5 degrees (or more). That error makes a dew point temp display grossly inaccurate.

Oregon Scientific sells a nice line of home weather instruments. THIS is the one I have in my trailer.
2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40