cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

loose Alpha TPO roof beside fridge vent on roof

Timeking
Explorer
Explorer
I just finished re-sealing the roof with Alpha 1010 sealant, and noticed that between the refrigerator vent and edge of roof, the TPO membrane seems to not be glued down. All other areas seem fine, except there.

Any ideas what I should do? Bury it in sealant? Layer it with Eternabond from good area across this area? Or maybe its not a problem and I should forgetaboutit.
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
opnspaces wrote:
Many roofs are not glued down on the outer edges. If there are no obvious tears in the membrane and the membrane wraps over the edge I would not worry about it.

What makes you think this is factual? They ALWAYS run glue to the edge. The only time they do not install glue is ON the radius from the roof to the sidewall IF the RV has radius instead of a 90 degree edge. The reason they do not on a radius has to do with the radius does not absorb the glue like wood and will cause discoloration below the rubber. Doug

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Many roofs are not glued down on the outer edges. If there are no obvious tears in the membrane and the membrane wraps over the edge I would not worry about it.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
How big of an area are we talking about?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"