cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

More Dometic RM7732 fridge assistance

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Dometic RM7732 fridge. It's 20 years old with it's second cooling unit and lately seems to cool at best to 41 degrees f. It is not in a slide-out and the motor home is kept under a carport with no sun hitting the fridge. Our weather here has stayed around 90 with very high humidity lately. I recently replaced the burned out vent fan with three new ones. The upper board seems to be getting flaky. When I set it to level 3, it jumps back to level 1. Level 4 jumps to level 2. It will stay on 1,2 or 5. The temp is up around 50 when on 1 or 2. Does this seem to be an indicator of the upper board going bad or could something be going on with the lower control board that would cause this? This unit used to stay cooler than this.....even in this weather.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad
10 REPLIES 10

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
newman fulltimer wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
tommy g wrote:
Wow guys! I'll need some more input for a consensus. I do agree about the Dinosaur boards. They have one that will replace the lower(yes main). They do not have one for the upper but there is a replacement. The quoted price estimates are pretty accurate though.

So, you base how you do repairs on what the majority agree with???????
Don't you think it would be BETTER to base what you do on WHO is posting and NOT what the Majority think????? The expertise of who posts out ways what the majority "think". That said, the UPPER EYEBROW board is the fault. The lower just responds to what the UPPER Board tells it. So, I called it an UPPER EYEBROW board. How do you think I came up with that term? 38 Years of RV TECHNICIAN experience and still working as well as Old Biscuits post(who is a RV tech also). Doug

Hey Doug dont be insulting old biscuit he is a RETIRED rv tech he made his living as one of us

Actually...........NO
Never was an RV Tech, never made a dime as an RV Tech, never even did work as an RV Tech other then help others time to time.

Grew up with a Dad that taught me how to be inquisitive & LEARN
NAVY taught me how to diagnosis/interpret/repair with little to nothing available
Retired Power Plant Operator....where one had to learn/understand MANY various systems (fuel, water, air, boilers, turbines, generators, voltages/electrical 12V DC to 500KV AC etc etc etc.)

That and some common sense approach helps. :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
tommy g wrote:
Wow guys! I'll need some more input for a consensus. I do agree about the Dinosaur boards. They have one that will replace the lower(yes main). They do not have one for the upper but there is a replacement. The quoted price estimates are pretty accurate though.

Don't you think it would be BETTER to base what you do on WHO is posting and NOT what the Majority think????? The expertise of who posts out ways what the majority "think". That said, the UPPER EYEBROW board is the fault. The lower just responds to what the UPPER Board tells it. So, I called it an UPPER EYEBROW board. How do you think I came up with that term? 38 Years of RV TECHNICIAN experience and still working as well as Old Biscuits post(who is a RV tech also). Doug

Hey Doug dont be insulting old biscuit he is a RETIRED rv tech he made his living as one of us

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, I was hoping that you would reply. Yea, I was leaning that way and just needed reassurance. Do you think that the "jumping around" would cause the settings to actually not be correct, i. e., 5 is actually 3 or 4? Just curious 'cause I'm gonna replace it anyway.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
tommy g wrote:

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
After 20 years....
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Upper Board is the one that is flacky....

Lower board would NOT cause the Upper to jump around when selecting temp settings
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Lower as I understand is the "main" control board. So start there. Dinosaur boards is your best choice.

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Naw! New upper board is +/- $80... New lower board is +/- $100... New fridge +/- $3500 plus remodeling to fit. Or New residential +/- $800 plus remodeling to fit plus inverter plus extra Batteries plus finding a place to put new batteries. I'm just trying to determine if I need a new board and possibly which one.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on condition you might consider a new refer.