cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help understanding how to set up an ARP device

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Dutch Aire absorption cooling unit in my fridge last year. It works great.

I installed an ARP fridge defend at the same time which will run a day or two and then cut the unit off. I did change the ARP setting for the Dutch Aire unit, and per the ARP device, it isn't overheating so there seems to be something I'm missing in the set up. I exchanged a few emails with ARP last year but they say read the manual. I found the manual, for me, to be unclear as to what and why a setting needs to be changed. So many say it works great on their Norcold or Dometic cooling unit. I'm feeling like I wasted a bunch of money on this.

I was wondering if anyone has one working with a Dutch Aire cooling unit and might share their settings. ( this is on a N641 fridge )

Thanks,
Joe & Evelyn
3 REPLIES 3

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Send an email or call Paul Unmack, he's the owner and I found is very responsive and helpful. Contact info is on the webpage: https://www.arprv.com/contact-us.php

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
RLS7201 wrote:
The instructions for my ARP device were NOT well written. Also, I couldn't get the device to change settings. I learned the hard way that a "TAP" of a button was not enough. I had to "HOLD" the button to make changes.

Richard

I agree. Poorly written instructions, and lots of "refer to something or someplace online." That's not handy when boondocking.

I am glad I have the unit, and offhand I would recommend checking to see if maybe your heat sensor is too close to the heat source or not firmly against the metal.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
The instructions for my ARP device were NOT well written. Also, I couldn't get the device to change settings. I learned the hard way that a "TAP" of a button was not enough. I had to "HOLD" the button to make changes.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson