cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Replacement Microwave

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My microwave bit the dust. Trailer is a 2002 Gulfstream. Old microwave was a Samsung MR5493G. Dimensions are 20 1/4” high by 14” wide and 14” deep.

The trim plate is 23” wide x 17” high.

Cabinet has a 21 1/4” x 15” opening and is 16” deep.

I can’t find anything with similar dimensions. Have checked Lowe’s and Home Depot. Amazon and eBay. Camping world. And a general google search.

Does anyone else have a possible source?
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010
6 REPLIES 6

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had the same problem in the house. We just decided not to use a microwave. I never use the one in the trailer either.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, first the microwave you had was identical in every way to one sold for home use. So shop best buy et-al.

Second. Depending on the venting in the microwave cabinet you may need to have a HEVAC shop bend some sheet metal and attach it so the hot exhaust gasses go where they need to go.

You can also build a new "Face plate" or use filler's to fill it in.

Or .. I just set it aside and do not use it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
I have a MR4381G similar dimensions and I’m going to switch to a small .8 cf inverter microwave since I boondock a lot. Only Panasonic and LG have small enough models to fit.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I hope my old microwave ( ‘94 ) keeps working. I love that has only 2 dials, I don’t have to put on glasses to read all the buttons on a new one.

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
When mine bit the dust I picked one up at Wal-Mart it was slightly smaller which was good as the vents are on the side not the front. Has already out lasted the original.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
When the original Sharp microwave in our coach died, I went to Walmart with a tape measure and found a Hamilton Beach oven that was a perfect fit for the ventilated trim plate opening. The only mods required were small shims for the feet and minor reshaping of the trim attaching straps. If needed, I could have easily modified the trim plate for a larger unit within the limits of the cabinet opening. Keep looking, but don't be limited by the trim opening.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate