cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold N611 Refrigerator on Propane Issue

Kingerich
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I have a 2021 trailer with a Norcold N611 fridge. It works perfectly on shore power, but when on propane it only cools for a few hours, then turns off. It never stays on for even 24 hours. Sometimes its 2 hours, sometimes 6 hours, but always turns off and lights just blink. It will only restart if I go outside with a lighter, and have my wife turn off, then back on propane and I light the flame. Then it stays on for a few more hours. I’ve blown out the burner with compressed air and replaced the main circuit board and it didn’t change a thing. Any idea what I can do or buy to get it working all the time on propane?

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4

wguss
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to not get back sooner. Sometimes taking some fine sandpaper to the tip of the ignitor rod to clean off any rust can help make a better connection. Also, clean off the area where the spark jumps across to the base.

Kingerich
Explorer
Explorer
The igniter is clicking, but not catching the gas on fire either on first start, or later after it shuts off. Is that an igniter issue, or do I need to bend it closer to the gas? It is arcing a little. Maybe I replace it and see?

Kingerich
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Bill, I think you are on to something. It almost never lites itself on first turn on. I have to use a lighter. So it makes sense that it shuts down and can't reignite by itself. So, what part is that that I need to replace? Is that an igniter in there or what please? Thanks so much.

wguss
Explorer
Explorer
When you first start it on propane does it ignite with the electronic ignition? If no, and you're having to use a flame to start it, it sounds like it runs until it gets to the proper cool temperature and then shuts off. Then when it's time to start up again, the re-ignite circuit is not functioning so it will only ignite when you use a flame but will then shut down again after it has cooled.

You should hear the ignitor clicking when you first turn it on.

Bill