cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Saudi Arabia just cut production to 50%. Rocket attacks against refineries and pipelines. You can bet your last dollar prices are going to double because of speculators. Crude has jumped on a weekend a bad bad sign.

This is about your wallet and not political. I am going to jam the tanks tomorrow.

Best wishes folks and that isn't a joke either ๐Ÿ˜ž
147 REPLIES 147

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
gas/diesel/jet fuel prices are very stable under the current administration....the sky is not falling.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:
larry cad wrote:
larry cad wrote:
larry cad wrote:
larry cad wrote:
Current price for diesel (today Sept. 14, 2019) in my area, per Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.79 to high $3.19, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.75. Will check back in a few days with an update!

Sept. 15, 2019 Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.79 to high $3.19, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.75

No change yet!

Sept. 17, Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.80 to high $3.25, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.85

Slight change.

Sept. 18, Diesel Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.89 to high $3.24, and with gas low $2.45 to high $2.85

Mixed

Sept. 30, Diesel Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.89 to high $3.25, and with gas low $2.47 to high $2.65

Certainly no obvious trend, and I haven't heard any rumbling of war threats from the White House. Of course, this President has demonstrated he is not one to go to war on a whim. More likely he will wait a while and then do something behind the scenes which will make the point and we will hear about it much later.

If a war breaks out over this, maybe I will revisit this thread.

Sept. 14, 2019 in my area, per Gas Buddy diesel ranged from low $2.79 to high $3.19, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.75
Oct. 6, 2019 in my area, per Gas Buddy, diesel ranged from low $2.59 to high $3.29, and gas low $2.36 to high $2.79
So, if I had jumped on the bandwagon when this post first appeared, and filled my 125 gallon diesel tank, I would have lost $25.00. Also have not received my draft notice to report for overseas duty. (Do they still do that?)
This has been an interesting thread. Iโ€™m surprised the mods have left it run. Iโ€™ve also noticed there havenโ€™t been any โ€œchicken littleโ€, sky is falling articles in the media. I wonder when we will see major changes, upheaval, war, rationing, etc.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Crude is at a 2 month low and falling. In the spirit of this thread we should be getting out the siphon hoses and selling the fuel in our rigs.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Gas prices in Chattanooga, Tn are in thee 2.15 to 2.18 range, up about 10 to 12 cents from late Aug when we left.
We bought diesel for 2.39 when we left. It is now 2.44 to 2.49 except at the big truck stops along the Interstates.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Copied from OC Register: (note there is nothing to do with the middle east)

Editorial

Understanding Californiaโ€™s high gas prices

Gas prices have spiked in California, with the average price up 65.1 cents from the start of the year to the end of September. Drivers now are paying more than $4 per gallon throughout Southern California. Los Angeles County saw an increase of 32 cents in a week, according to AAA.

The price hike follows problems at three refineries. The Chevron and Marathon refineries in Southern California experienced unplanned maintenance. In Northern California, the Valero refinery in Benicia had an issue that led to a cutback in production.

California is particularly vulnerable to supply disruptions because of the stateโ€™s inability to import gasoline from other states. No other state uses the same formulation of gasoline that California requires, making the Golden State something of a fuel island, unable to address shortages. Other states that experience supply disruptions can easily import gasoline from somewhere outside their own borders.

Politicians typically point fingers at the oil companies for higher gas prices, but in October 2012, an action by then-Gov. Jerry Brown revealed another possible culprit.

At that time, problems at refineries had caused a supply disruption. A fire at a Bay Area refinery took that facility offline,

and a power failure at the refinery in Torrance temporarily limited production. The statewide average price of gasoline reached $4.66.

Citing the โ€œunacceptable cost impacts on consumers and small businesses,โ€ Brown ordered the California Air Resources Board to allow refineries to switch to the winter blend of gas earlier than usual.

California requires summerblend gasoline, which is better for air quality, to be sold from April 1 to Oct. 31, to coincide with the long warm-weather season. Winter-blend gasoline is sold from Nov. 1 to the end of March.

Brownโ€™s order to California air regulators freed up more gasoline for sale, increasing the stateโ€™s supply by an estimated 10%. Unfortunately, temporarily easing air regulations to solve a gasoline supply shortage, although effective, isnโ€™t as popular among politicians as demanding an investigation of energy companies.

Gov. Gavin Newsom already has asked the Energy Commission to investigate whether market manipulation is responsible for an increase in gasoline prices of between 17 and 34 cents per gallon, dating back to 2015. That report is due Oct. 15.

But with AAA reporting the national average price of gasoline at $2.65 while Californians pay a statewide average price of $4.02 (more than Hawaii, at $3.67), Californians deserve to know how much of the higher price is due to state regulations.

Californiaโ€™s cap-and-trade program, which requires refineries to buy permits

to emit greenhouse gases, adds a varying amount to the cost of fuel. And according to FuelingCalifornia. org, the California Air Resources Board has estimated that the additional costs of producing the stateโ€™s special reformulated gasoline adds 5-15 cents per gallon over the cost of conventional gasoline.

Then there are the taxes. Senate Bill 1 in 2017 added an extra 12 cents per gallon to the cost of gas, with an annual increase thereafter, to pay for road repair and mass transit projects.

High gas prices are a severe burden on people who have to drive to work, or who use their vehicle in their jobs or businesses. Newsom may want to consider whether temporary waivers of regulations could ease the pain, and in the longer term, whether the requirement for the stateโ€™s exclusive fuel blend is worth what itโ€™s costing us.

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's time to switch from summer to winter blends (and for some refineries to adjust to producing more heating oil), so it's pretty normal to see prices will head up for a couple weeks...
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

abom2
Explorer
Explorer
The real contest is not always on the court in front of your face. A lot of work had to have been done from 2015 to 2018 to get WTI from 28 to 55 a barrel. If one wants to win a trade war, you apply pressure from all angles.

Remember a magician wants you to watch a given area when performing.

I remember the Royal Dutch and their first cries in the mid 60's about the world running out of oil. Then all parties were on board by 72. Then in 75 during the embargo and all that silliness I was standing in an office at the Baker Oil Tools World HQ looking at a map that showed known supplies in North America.

Heck, we were sending tools to all over North Dakota, SD, WY, and of course off shore in the Gulf. Tankers full of crude sitting at anchor, stacked to the horizon, sitting in the Gulf off of Galveston Bay. But we were running out of oil. LOL Same game play, over and over and over...

Everyone just glides along with the flow, cause they have their few crumbs.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where? Still falling here in NJ! CA doesn't count! They will use any excuse to raise gas prices and not use a penny of it to repair their roads!
Not only that, but how in the World is this a Tech Issues topic!?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Gas price up another 2% today.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Don't drink bub, or use drugs. My great uncle a Montana pioneer not a transplant taught me how to think.
A pioneer, by definition, would be a transplant. You might need to take a refresher course on thinking. I don't drink "bub" either, but I do occasionally enjoy a cold Bud Light.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's always a conspiracy theorist out there somewhere!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Don't drink bub, or use drugs. My great uncle a Montana pioneer not a transplant taught me how to think.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Some of you are still being civil about this. I learned a good lesson about this in the 1970s when world coffee prices shot up. It was a pure and simple embargo initiated by Brasil. Columbia, Peru, and African plantations were in their infancy. Like the Hunt Bros in the 70s with Siver, orange juice soared to over 5 dollars a gallon, from a 40% crop freeze in Florida but then no one told the American public that 70 percent orange juice concentrate was imported.

Read reality not watch The Simpsons

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/silver_thursday.asp

Realize it costs a lot of money to pump crude oil ship it halfway around the world store it then refine it. Shale Oil costs are exorbitant but the product is light and sweet.

On with the intrigue...

I already mentioned the conspirators who want higher pump prices. but number one is a state government like California who like Scrooge McDuck bathes in an extra 36 cents per gallon tax windfall. Add it up. Numbers count hot air doesn't.

And finally, we get to China with it's thieving and currency manipulation and use of the PLA in vast factories. three-card-monte cofusion cannot hide the fact that China imports 0ver 90% of its oil. From Saudi Arabia. not only does China depend on Saudi Arabia for energy but millions of tons of plastics. This is China's most vulnerable area of all. basic energy. And do you think I am the only person to have figured this out? Go fix your thinker. China's risk is so precipitous they are kissing Maduro's ass with promises if only Maduro will let china hold the "pink slip" to Venezuela reference what china has done to a couple of countries in Africa.

A gasoline price gouge would only hurt the commander in chief's popularity more. but a market panic because of Iran Houthi / Saudi armed hostilities relieves him of responsibility. Utterly and relieves other issues facing him. Probabilities? Try combining Straights of Hormuz, hair-trigger revolutionary guards and the legacy of the Gulf of Tonkin resolution and especially China who just devalued the Yuan Renminbi AGAIN.
And for a few, Homer and Marge await...or maybe a few gallons of condensation for your Onan carburetor.
Me thinks there might be a bit too much ethanol in your daily blend.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Some of you are still being civil about this. I learned a good lesson about this in the 1970s when world coffee prices shot up. It was a pure and simple embargo initiated by Brasil. Columbia, Peru, and African plantations were in their infancy. Like the Hunt Bros in the 70s with Siver, orange juice soared to over 5 dollars a gallon, from a 40% crop freeze in Florida but then no one told the American public that 70 percent orange juice concentrate was imported.

Read reality not watch The Simpsons

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/silver_thursday.asp

Realize it costs a lot of money to pump crude oil ship it halfway around the world store it then refine it. Shale Oil costs are exorbitant but the product is light and sweet.

On with the intrigue...

I already mentioned the conspirators who want higher pump prices. but number one is a state government like California who like Scrooge McDuck bathes in an extra 36 cents per gallon tax windfall. Add it up. Numbers count hot air doesn't.

And finally, we get to China with it's thieving and currency manipulation and use of the PLA in vast factories. three-card-monte cofusion cannot hide the fact that China imports 0ver 90% of its oil. From Saudi Arabia. not only does China depend on Saudi Arabia for energy but millions of tons of plastics. This is China's most vulnerable area of all. basic energy. And do you think I am the only person to have figured this out? Go fix your thinker. China's risk is so precipitous they are kissing Maduro's ass with promises if only Maduro will let china hold the "pink slip" to Venezuela reference what china has done to a couple of countries in Africa.

A gasoline price gouge would only hurt the commander in chief's popularity more. but a market panic because of Iran Houthi / Saudi armed hostilities relieves him of responsibility. Utterly and relieves other issues facing him. Probabilities? Try combining Straights of Hormuz, hair-trigger revolutionary guards and the legacy of the Gulf of Tonkin resolution and especially China who just devalued the Yuan Renminbi AGAIN.
And for a few, Homer and Marge await...or maybe a few gallons of condensation for your Onan carburetor.