cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

P0300 OBD Code, (2006 Chevy Express 3500 chassis)

Ramblin__Rosie
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Winnebago Outlook 331C Class C with the 2006 Chevy Express 3500 chassis. On a 400 mile round trip over the past few days, we have been getting a check engine light. OBD scan indicates P0300, "Random / Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected." We recently replaced all 8 the spark plug, plug wires, and ignition coils. The plugs were gapped correctly. This evening, I plan to check that all these connections are secure, to rule out something simple.

The "Check Engine" light seems to have started flashing just after we filled the gas tank. This Post suggests that it might be bad gas, or gas with insufficient octane. The vehicle manual recommends a minimim of 87 octane, though some say that 89 is better. We therefore decided to alternate between 87 an 89.

We also had a brief incident where to coolant temperature gauge got into the red zone, but there were no other indication of overheating , such as smoke or steam. Slowing the vehcle speed remedied the problem quickly. Coolant level seems to be ok. Not sure of this could be related to the misfire code, but I though I would mention it.

Another anomaly: the check engine light appears to only light when the vehicle speed exceeds 65mph. It goes off at slower speeds. The OBD "Freeze Frame" indicates the fault occurred at 66mph / 2543rpm. Refer to the following pictures:

OBD Code 1
OBD Code 2
Freeze Frame Page 1
Freeze Frame Page 2
Freeze Frame Page 3
Freeze Frame Page 4

Any ideas?
Cartersville, Georgia
2007 Winnebago Outlook 31C Class C
(Chevy 6.0L 6000 Vortec Chassis)
5 REPLIES 5

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
anytime you have to replace sensor it was to be relearned to the truck very easy to do with right scan tool any repair shop can do it for you. you can expect to pay 100 dollars

Ramblin__Rosie
Explorer
Explorer
allbrandauto wrote:
we have seen random misfires on this vehicle many times with no misfire signs. first thing to do is have somebody run a crankshaft sensor relearn easy to do with right scan tool should be cheap to do

You might have a good point about the crankshaft sensor needing reprogramming. I just replaced that sensor a few weeks ago.
Cartersville, Georgia
2007 Winnebago Outlook 31C Class C
(Chevy 6.0L 6000 Vortec Chassis)

alaska_dennis
Explorer
Explorer
I would look into a vacuum leak sounds like it is running lean.

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
we have seen random misfires on this vehicle many times with no misfire signs. first thing to do is have somebody run a crankshaft sensor relearn easy to do with right scan tool should be cheap to do

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Why not take it here, and get them to diagnose the problem...
https://www.dayschevrolet.com/
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)