cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PerryB67 and Si02s

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, back from another camping episode and proving out my battery bank of 200AH of SiO2s in the TC. Nothing new to report except forget that whole thing about using the MW to heat water for instant coffee! Not hot enough, back to kettle.

Meanwhile, we need the missing input from PerryB67. So let's hear it.

3 tons and PT are not allowed to post to this new thread!!!!!!
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.
3 REPLIES 3

PerryB67
Explorer
Explorer
We’re trying to get ready to leave for Amsterdam next Tuesday. We carry higher end folding bikes and will be Rick Steves traveling with the bikes on trains and buses. We’ve also been slammed with other items that need attention before leaving. We arrive back towards the end of August. Currently I don’t have the time to write our battery experiences.

Needless to say I wouldn’t waste my time and/or money with lithium, and have changed my opinion about solar and batteries, but you’ll just have to wait to hear my logic.

Talk the end of August or beginning of September.

Enjoy,

Perry
2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
2019 F150 Max Tow, Max Springs, 3.5 EB Quad Cab
Victron 712, Victron 100/20, Victron 100/30
160 Watts on the Roof, 100 watt portable
Two 100 ah SOK LFP Batteries

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
“3 tons and PT are not allowed to post to this new thread!!!!!!”

Awe Shucks, what about reciprocity?? - lol!!

But seriously (forgive this intrusion!) I’m truly open to all formats and rarely comment on SiO2’s (except to learn…), but trust they are worthy of their reputation and enjoy many satisfied users, especially during coldest of weather - down here in desert & brush country (based on one’s needs) it’s more just a matter of settling in on the best compromise for the job 🙂 I do get that this is everyone’s shared common pursuit!!

3 tons

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think that they will be sure to chime in now.
Puma 30RKSS