cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refill small propane cylinder

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
A thread was closed before I could ask Grit Dog or anyone else about this. I have not heard of this here or anywhere else.

I carry This one for my small Weber Q,much easier to store and move.

I have never had a problem getting it filled. Are there some places that prohibit this and if so why.

Posted By: Grit dog on 10/08/22 09:19am

PS, that is the cutest little LP bottle Iโ€™ve ever seen! Good thing that guy donโ€™t live in PA because heโ€™d be stuck with no LP refills โ€ฆ.lol
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
34 REPLIES 34

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
A thread was closed before I could ask Grit Dog or anyone else about this. I have not heard of this here or anywhere else.

I carry This one for my small Weber Q,much easier to store and move.

I have never had a problem getting it filled. Are there some places that prohibit this and if so why.

Posted By: Grit dog on 10/08/22 09:19am

PS, that is the cutest little LP bottle Iโ€™ve ever seen! Good thing that guy donโ€™t live in PA because heโ€™d be stuck with no LP refills โ€ฆ.lol

That one is a standard propane cylinder just like a 20 pound or 30 pound cylinder, only in a smaller size. Your only limit is the same one that the 20# and 30# cylinders have, namely, they have to be recertified occasionally. The issue of refilling small cylinders that you hear about is refilling the little 1 pound disposable cylinders. They are not designed to be refilled, but some folks do so anyway.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
you can refill the green bottles too.
I refill my 30lbs tanks, and then use this adapter to refill my little green tanks from the big tank.

link

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 5lb tank at one time. Started having issues with places wanting to charge as if it were a 20lb tank. Decided to go back to the green bottles.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
It's approved for both north and south of the border, so there's no reason filling stations would refuse. I had one half of that size, (5lb) for my Mr Buddy heater, Costco and a couple other places filled it no questions.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know of any place that prohibits refills for that, but I can see some places may refuse because it's hardly worth the effort to fill for a couple bucks.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"