cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagging headliner

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
The vinyl and foam headliner started coming down in my 2007 Georgetown. Just in the bedroom in a couple spots. The heat in Ohio has been pretty warm but I can’t imagine that it is the reason. There’s no evidence of moisture. Foam seems fine and vinyl still looks nice. Spray adhesive and stick it back up? What’s good spray adhesive I can buy at Lowe’s or menards?
12 REPLIES 12

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
You might try these:
upholstery twist pins
Inquiring minds want to know...

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen YouTube videos of people who have stapled it back up. Especially if you have some periodic seams or piping or other trim, or fuzzy/carpeted headliner material, a row of T-50 staples next to that is often surprisingly inconspicuous. (If you don't have such trim, it would not be too hard to make some by, for instance, ripping thin strips of wood to run accross the RV ceiling.)

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
I used 3m, sprayed it and stuck it back up. Couple wrinkles but not horrible. Now wife wants a ship lap ceiling lol. I’d put wood planks up if I can find thin and light.

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
My headliner was sagging so I did a quick fix.
Pulled the hanging slack towards the front under the visors and diaper pinned it tight.:B

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used 3M spray adhesive on my truck headliner two+ years ago. Hasn't moved a bit since then.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thirteen years for a headliner isn’t too bad but can be repaired.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2, bumpy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
When mine did that, i just took down the front two sections that were sagging, and replaced it with FRP.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Go on eBay and find the color you want. Just like cars back in the 80's your headliner is shot. The foam begins to deteriorate and no matter what you try to re-stick it with, it will only fall down again as the foam continues to turn to dust.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/60-Wide-Headliner-Fabric-Vinyl-Gray-Car-Sagging-Upholstery-Back-Foam-By-Yar...

MOD'S EDIT: Wow - That link was a doozie. :B

I used the Link tool in the editor to make it clickable and more manageable.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I have used this before on headliners. As previously stated test a spot first.

Adhesive
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
whatever you use, test a small area first to be sure you have no bleed thru.
bumpy

Good thinking

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
whatever you use, test a small area first to be sure you have no bleed thru.
bumpy