Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sanyo SRA0331 3 way fridge not working at all

MJGenay
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

Just picked up a '82 FWC that has a Sanyo fridge in it. Doesn't work at all. Previous owner mentioned it did work occasionally but not reliably. Not sure where to start on this thing. Finding a replacement (that will actually show up) has proven very challenging. I have 12V and 120V power running to the fridge, I have checked that. It does not work at all on 120V (left it "on" for 12 plus hours with no cooling). Can't get the propane to light at all, including with a lighter through the back. As far as I can tell it should have propane as all the other propane appliances work (stove and heater). Previous owner did replumb it a little more than a year ago when he redid the camper so I doubt I have a clogged line. Have not tried on 12V but considering how fast these fridges drain batteries I don't want to either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The only propane/120V fridge that would kinda fit that I found is a Norcold N305/N306. I have one of those on order from RVpartscountry.com but it has been almost a week and the "in stock" fridge hasn't shipped and there is no ETA. Have a trip coming up in a week so my backup is to get this fridge running again if possible.
1 REPLY 1

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Did you check the 120v plug that the refrigerator is plugged into to make sure there is power? Plug in a fan or something to test.

What is a FWC is it a Four Wheel Camper mounted on a pick up? Just trying to figure out what space you might have available for options. Do you have room for a $150 dorm fridge until the new fridge shows up?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup