cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slera power awning

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
My awning brackets that are bolted to the TT are 1/2 inch wider apart on bottom than up near the roof. I no I need to make the measurements the same but any tips on doing that right would be great.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k
6 REPLIES 6

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
The fabric is centered and secured on upper rail. Thanks Doug.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mat60 wrote:
Sorry but my spelling always stink. Wife was sick so only used 3 times and it wasn't long before I noticed one arm would not retract up to trailer and the fabric would travel. I did adjust the fabric today only to get it a little better. I found out that problem is the fabric is 4 inches wider at the roof rail that it is on bottom. I don't no why it seems to have stretched up top but it explains everything its been doing. I have never had any desire to take my camper to the dealer for anything and half to deal with what comes with it.I guess Ill get buy for this year and get new awning fabric next spring. Thanks for your reply.

I was going to mention that the Fabric moving in the upper awning rail will cause your type problem. The fabric is SUPPOSED to be secured to keep from sliding. Doug

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry but my spelling always stink. Wife was sick so only used 3 times and it wasn't long before I noticed one arm would not retract up to trailer and the fabric would travel. I did adjust the fabric today only to get it a little better. I found out that problem is the fabric is 4 inches wider at the roof rail that it is on bottom. I don't no why it seems to have stretched up top but it explains everything its been doing. I have never had any desire to take my camper to the dealer for anything and half to deal with what comes with it.I guess Ill get buy for this year and get new awning fabric next spring. Thanks for your reply.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I have installed in excess of 500 awnings in 38 years and I can guarantee that a 1/2 inch OFF will not affect operation on the awning. You must have a problem, but that 1/2 inch will not be the cause. Did it work when the RV was NEW? It seems you should be under warranty, can you not get it back to your dealer? What Brand Awning is it? Doug

PS sorry, you stated your model but misspelled it. You have the LCI SOLERA model.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
The arms need to be the same measurement apart top and bottom or it wont rool up right. The bolts on mine must have not been tight enough from the factory. Not a surprise. I figured I cant be the only one on here that has had this problem so I asked for advice.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
WHY? What is the problem with the awning operation? Doug