cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slides slow to come in

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
My 2 slides are slow coming in. Battery checked 13.3 volts I then disconnected the positive cable and it still checked 13.3. Other than proper lubrication for moving parts under the slide and the rubber gaskets what else might i check? Plenty of fluid, actually just a slight overfill.
If it is the pump does it perform like this ort does it just stop working? Thanks for comments.
6 REPLIES 6

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Follow up...the battery is good. Had a ground wire that I did tighten about a quarter turn and checked other connections. Slides do work but am going to improve existing ground wires.

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new battery but will check the battery under load to see what voltage is then.If it is 13.3 without a load what would the drop likely be under load?
Can the pump/motor be repaired if it comes to that...meaning rebuilt.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
If there's a question about the batteries, start the generator. If the batteries are the problem, the large charging current from the generator to the batteries will at the same time put the large current into the slides.

So, if the slides work a lot better with the generator running, then the batteries are a problem. If the generator doesn't make a difference, it's probably not a battery problem. This is a lot easier than pulling the batteries and having them tested.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in colder weather the hydraulic slides often will move very slowly.. this also causes the hyd pump motor to pull more current try8ng to operate the slides...

You may want to consider changing out the hydraulic fluid with lower viscosity ....see this link...

https://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0291.pdf

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check your battery voltage while the slide is moving. I'll bet that the voltage drops which tells me the battery is going bad. If the voltage does not drop under load then there is something like a loose wire or corrosion of a wire or something mechanical with the slides.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Get the battery checked out. I'm guessing the battery might be bad under load.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE