cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squeaky Coleman Mach AC

Sportsmen
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2016 Jayco has a 15K Coleman Mach ac unit that started to whistle/squeak on our last outing. It was intermittent but annoying. I contacted a Mobile RV tech that was not able to meet up with us, but he told me that the blower motor bushings are the weak link on the Coleman Mach units. He suggested that I lube the front bushing and that might help for a while. Well, after many tries and a 90 degree bent straw I was able to shoot some WD40 onto the bushing. It did quiet it down and it ran ok for the rest of the trip. I checked on line and the replacement motors are over $100.00.

Anyone have a similar experience? and what was your solution...
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 27BHS 6210 empty, 8200 GVW
2016 F250 CC 6.2L(gas) 3:73 diff (3157lb. payload)
5 REPLIES 5

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
I just went through a similar experience with my 2013 Jayco and Coleman Mach. The motor in mine had sealed bearings and not bushings. I bought a replacement Fasco brand motor from Amazon and then replaced the bearings on the original motor. The only issue I had was getting the correct bearings - mine were a metric bearing with a 1/2" bore, Non-Standard. Ordered some from China and they fit fine.

If you are handy, you might take out the motor, and verify the bearing condition and p/n - put it back together while you order some bearings.

Let me know if you need more details about my efforts. Happy to share.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 use a real oil spray and do it a couple times, might last forever.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
WD40 is not an oil. Use real oil.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deleted

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
The bearings are failing. Bet that W. W. Grainger or another local place that sells motors can beat that price. Just give them the specs off the motor label.