cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stubborn awning stain removal?

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
So I have the TT all washed, waxed and detailed and it's lookin' like a million bucks. Ready for a show & shine somewhere... :C

However, the awning has some stains I can't get out. ๐Ÿ˜ž I've done the bleach and dawn treatment and also tried Thetford awning cleaner. Both cleaned dirt and some stains off but there are lots of small brown stains from tree needles, sap and leaves that just won't come off even with a nail brush and elbow grease. The stains seem to be worse on the underside.

Is there something else I can try? Magic Eraser maybe? Higher concentration bleach applied just on the worst stains? Our awning is quite high off the ground plus there's a lot of surface area and would rather avoid having to hand scrub the fabric all over.
9 REPLIES 9

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Knuckleheads have awnings? ๐Ÿ™‚

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Go to your local Harley Davidson dealership and buy S100. It will clean it. also excellent for black streaks and bug removal. NO EFFORT.
Dennis Hoppert

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Be real careful with those awesome products. In small print on many of the 'spray' bottles it says to 'dilute' it or it will ruin the finish.

Who puts a product in a spray bottle with instructions to dilute it before using? :R

This stuff will take off your finish on the sides of your RV if it gets on it. Especially the ones found at the dollar stores.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Google

TREE SAP REMOVER FOR CLOTHING (or canvas)

braindead0
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good luck with simple green and a toothbrush for the seams/tough spots
2015 RAM 1500 4x4 5.7, 3.93
2013 Econ 16RB TT

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
Put some tide liquid on a bucket with water and put it on the inside of the awning wet it real good. Roll up the awning and wait about 5-10 mins depending on how hot it is outside don't want it to dry up inside. Unroll the awning and hose off. I use this many times and it works great.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Try Tile-X!

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mark Heisler wrote:
awesome and hot water with a nail brush
the regular or the orange stuff
In Canada we can buy it at the dollar tree store

Thx, I'll give that a try. We have some somewhere here that we bought for a previous TT and never used it.

Mark_Heisler
Explorer II
Explorer II
awesome and hot water with a nail brush
the regular or the orange stuff
In Canada we can buy it at the dollar tree store
2003 dodge 2wheel drive diesel 375hp 750torque
2007 citation fifth wheel model 29bhs
to see pictures of my truck and fifth-wheel click on view profile