cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suspension questions

roy67ss
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I am going to replace my bolts and bushings as I suspect they are still the dry originals on the Road Warrior. The last 2 rigs I have owned, I replaced them with a wet kit that had bronze bushings and they have serviced me well. I have been reading about the newer never fail bushings and other options such as a nylon bushing and greasable pins. I am looking for recommendations from those with real world experiences. This rig will likely travel 5,000+ miles per year. I should probably replace the equalizer while I am at it so, thoughts on that would also be welcome.
Roy

2011 GMC 3500, Duramax, Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG with most options
3 REPLIES 3

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
I have no experience with the never fail bushing, but I can say the bronze bushings and wet bolts are excellent. One word of caution, when installing the wet bolts, be sure the small grease outlet hole in the bolt is oriented at the 3 or 9 o'clock position. My trailer came from the factory unable to take grease in 2 fittings. Pulled and reoriented and now takes grease easily.

Dexter EZ-Flex is a good choice, but I would also look at MORryde for a solution.

The EZ-Flex does not come with a wet bolt. Try to find one. I got one with my MORryde X Factor suspension support.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would not get the nylon bushings and instead go for the bronze bushings and wet bolts. Nylon has a tendency to creep and will get thin on the load side fairly quick. As already mentioned, some type of advanced equalizer will help smooth out the ride. There are a variety and all will help to a degree. Talk to others with your type and weight unit to see what will do the best job.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have experience with never lube bushings, but I would recommend looking at some sort of flex equalizers to take some of the road shock out of the ride. I'm happy with Dexter EZ-Flex.
EZ-Flex