cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two different size quick connects on my trailer?

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
My Grand Design Imagine XLS came with 2 quick connect water ports. I'm trying to winterize but can't plug the OEM sprayer into one of them. It just bottoms out with no clamping action at all. I tried a little vaseline but no difference. I suspect it's a different size. I have 3 days to get it winterized before our weather tanks down into the teens. This is my first time winterizing this unit, and I've never used the sprayer before this.

Thoughts?
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE
10 REPLIES 10

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are you sure the connections are different? On my old trailer the quick connect for the outside shower would get stuck and act just like you are saying. A small screwdriver in the middle of the fitting and a light bump would free it. Then the quick connect would work for a while again before getting stuck from lack of use.

Edit....If there is any water pressure behind the quick connect, you will get wet when you bump the back of the screwdriver.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
And don't forget the toilet.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
TurnThePage wrote:

On a side note, do people put pink stuff in the black tank rinse port? Actually I think I'll just push a little air through it.

I'm a fan of air... how I did it
I have a 6 gallon compressor 150 PSI tank set regulator to about 50-60 and blow with all valves including low point open.. Blow till it runs out of air. Drain water heater and bypass. Power cycle the ice maker if any to drain back it's lines MUST HAVE POWER TO DO THAT manually force the cycle.

Now after the compressor shuts off (Full tank) Blow again. like 10 times. There is not much water left even if it pools it wont' be enough to cause damage.. and if the air ever freezes you won't worry about the RV.

IF those QC's come STRAIGHT OUT -- THey won't have enough water in e'm to damage.. If they are slanted \\ Perhaps but most come straight out. BE SURE To open the valves for the outside shower or any valve assoicated with the QCs. (Quick Connects).

You are sure they are both Fresh Water hookups. not propane?
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Have you talked to Grand Design? They are usually quite helpful.
I wanted to know holding tank dimensions before installing the SeeLevel system. They sent me dimensions AND drawings.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
The black tank rinse would be the only line you wouldnโ€™t have to worry about flushing that stuff out of. If youโ€™re considering it anywhere thatโ€™s an easy one.
So do you have air line fittings for both of these?
If so there are a few different styles, but literally only 2 or 3 that are close and look similar.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
This is a factory installed feature. One hose was supplied with the trailer. It fits the curbside quick connect fitting, but won't connect to the one in the front storage compartment on the driver side. Indeed I haven't found a use for them yet, but since they're part of the fresh water plumbing, I'm sure I need to get pink stuff or air to the fitting itself, to displace any residual water.

On a side note, do people put pink stuff in the black tank rinse port? Actually I think I'll just push a little air through it.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is one for the house water supply and the other for a black tank rinse? If so, the different sizes may be intentional. If you can't get the rig winterized in time, turn the furnace on and set at 40 degrees till you can.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I am guessing these are for outside shower/hoses. Sounds like you've never used them before in which case would they have water in them you need to get out? Typically these come with hoses stored somewhere already with the attachments on them. Maybe I am missing something.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Were those quick connects factory? I have seen many come with standard garden hose connectors but the only Quick Connects I've seen were owner installed adapters and yes there are two or three sizes.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
While you are solving this issue open all faucets, shower hose, low point drains, fresh water drain, and DON'T fORGET to drain the hot water heater. That'll buy you time to avoid a big problems.
If you have a washing machine make sure you drain that as well.
Puma 30RKSS