Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water hose stuck on side of trailer..

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi and thanks for reading.

We were in Arizona. I think the water there has alot of disolved minerals.
Like when you wash your vehicle, you need vinegar in the water because this hard white stuff is left behind when it dries.

Anyway, i could not unscrew the hose end from the RV, so I just cut the hose and left it in place.

Anybody have suggestions on how to loosen it up?

Thanks,
gh
23 REPLIES 23

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
If a grip can be secured on both the RV and hose fitting.... just turn it.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 3 in 1 oil is not thin enough to penetrate. The best penetrating oil is PB Blaster.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
I actually did try 3in1 first to no avail

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Why not try WD-40 and a couple pairs of channel lock pliers?

Gary45
Explorer
Explorer
Aluminum will always corrode when attached to most other metals, just like zinc.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/1faCtwZiHec
Like this, but I usally make 2 or 3 cuts. It will come off easily. And like I said as long as you dont cut totally through the male threads, it will still work as designed.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Cut it like I said, easy to do and it would be off by now. Will take at most 20 minutes. King konging it will most likly break something that dosen't yet require being broken.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Well if the vinegar didn't work, how about the same baggie trick with CLR. My brothers outside house tap was brass and the cheap china aluminum end corroded on to it. A couple drops of CLR and repeated squeezing with big channel lock plies made enough movement to finally get it off.

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
PLAN B:

Well, the vinegar soak did NOTHING.
Its probably fused together due to the hose end they sold me not being brass (gold colored over aluminum?)

Someone posted- well just torque it as hard as you can. It will either loosten up, or it will break. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
I looked online and the chrome version of that inlet costs a C-note i think.

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Crummy china metal.
I thought i was buying the better quality item.
Should have gone with plastic I guess.

Iโ€™m not good with pictures on forums as I donโ€™t think its a cut and paste job.
But i just took a sandwich baggie, cut off the zip lock part to make it mor pliable, and twisted a rubber band around the baggie. Cut a little opening at the top and poured in vinegar.
Vinegar level is about halfway up the connection which i think is fine.
I will try twisting it maybe tomorrow.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Over 2 decades of AZ water I never had an item frozen together from the hard water buildup where a hard twist didn't provide some (gritty) movement. If it was so frozen you were not able to twist it, and it's not been years of stationary never disconnected use, I suspect you had a a case of galvanic corrosion from substances within the water acting on the metals of the connection. Since you already cut the hose, just begin squeezing the metal parts together until it releases from the corresponding connector. Hopefully it was nothing, but the inlet screen corroded to the hose (simple easy fix in many cases) and not the entire inlet receptacle frozen to the hose as that usually means a full replacement.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Trying the baggie, rubberband, filled with vinegar idea first