cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water system going crazy help!!

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
water pump runs every 13 seconds abt when turn on, no obvious leaks. decided to live with. THEN decided to just hook up to the city water at the camp site. seem to do fine. but noticed later not right water pressure coming out of faucets, and toilet almost no water when flush. go out check there is water (not a whole lot but some down the place where you normally but in the water for your tank. What's going on??
ideas of what to check? thought hooking up to city water would solve problem doesn't. thanks
15 REPLIES 15

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
You have a "Quick fill" valve that's is midway between Fill and USe.

If you have a valve that you turn to select City Water and Fill, pay attention to the post above.

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
thanks sounds like maybe 2 issues. will worry about the city water thing later as have only hooked up once before yrs ago usually use the water tank system. looks like might need water pump. checked the water tank just now (located underslooks dry. next do the water pump see if leaks. can live with every 24 seconds until.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have a "Quick fill" valve that's is midway between Fill and USe.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
jannie4 wrote:
we always have the plug on the city water intake. In the holding tank we have a screw typle cap with a small hole in the cap which use to have a rubber fitting to keep the cap. should I plug the hole in the holding tank cap.
X2 Check valve. Mine was part of the water pump and now replaced.

If the cap hole is to allow air in when using the pump then it can't be plugged. My tank has a vent hose in the top of the tank.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Well Jannie,

For starters, even a coach as new as 25 will have some age-out issues. This may be two of them.

You would be smart to start by replacing the city water fitting with a new one. That should not be a tough job. Get a new solid cap for it while you are at it. Lowes Depot will have then and better ones than the RV store. They may have the city water part too.

There should be a check valve (only lets water go one way) at the pump, but many builders omitted that even if it is there, at 25yo, it may be bad. The check valves that are part of the pump can also be bad. If there is the check valve by the pump, that won't mater much.

It is highly unlikely that you can repair the existing pump. The few that are built to be serviced are now difficult to get parts for. If either the pump or the check valve broke up, the parts may be downstream and be the reason you have low water flow is some places. These can often be cleared by setting up a city water house to push water back toward the disconnected pump.

We have another issue that could matter a lot. The tank for water you want to use is either the fresh water tank or the potable tank. The holding tank is where the water (and other stuff) you have already used ends up. I don't think you want to confuse those two.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
we always have the plug on the city water intake. In the holding tank we have a screw typle cap with a small hole in the cap which use to have a rubber fitting to keep the cap. should I plug the hole in the holding tank cap.

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
thanks older mh 1997 shasta

dedmiston
2oldman wrote:
jannie4 wrote:
when the pump is on I noticed that water coming out of the city water intake.
Put a plug on it.

I always plug mine after I fill, because it sometimes runs out of that connection and starts a siphon and empties the tank.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
jannie4 wrote:
when the pump is on I noticed that water coming out of the city water intake.
Put a plug on it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Deleted previous entry.

Right behind the city water hook-up there should be a check valve. Replacement can be bought for around $10 at home depot.

Make sure you get all of the pieces of the check valve out before you put the new one in. On mine the retaining clip came off the piston. The piston then traveled downstream to the first joint where it go stuck, thus restricting the water flow.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
city water intake thing (connection). There is a check valve on the backside of the connector. You don't say what year your rig is but my 2020 Vista had a plastic connector and leaked when I got it in 2021. Replaced it with brass fitting and been fine since.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

jannie4
Explorer
Explorer
ok thanks checked outside today and when the pump is on I noticed that water coming out of the city water intake. the pump cycled before on off I had tried hooking up to city water. if ckeck value easy way not want to tear water pump apart? or is it our city water intake thing.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
I'm thinking the check valve at the pump has failed. When running the pump it allows the pressure to drop as water leaks back into the tank. When hooked up to city water it allows water to go into the on-board tank overfilling it.

X2

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my bounder had a small/slow leak where a valves O RING HAD A small crack and would let system depressurize by leaking water into the FW tank, and would periodically repressurize the system..
bumpy